+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 82 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow Kelbel that is so many!! That sucks it might get canceled! But hopefully you get lots of embys to freeze if that happens!

Whats that ibelieve??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Kelbel- OMG!! Most clinics would cancel with that many follicles. I know it sucks if you have to do a freeze all, but it will suck more if they cancel the cycle because you have too many. OHSS is sucky, you could end up in hospital unable to breath. I had 20 eggs collected and didn't transfer and didn't get OHSS. Then I had 12 eggs collected, transferred and got OHSS! If you get pregnant and the hormones keep increasing you won't get better for a long time. I'm not trying to scare you, just trust what the doctors tell you. Meanwhile stock up on about 20litres of Gatorade, and several tins of sustagen. Drink drink drink!! Lots of protien too so buy almonds and eggs etc.

I'm skulling down the Gatorade now. Hate the stuff!! Goes much better with ice.

Sorry Lets not on any of those drugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DHEA is a hormone that supposedly increases egg quality.. My FS has prescribed it for me but probably because of my age (39)..

It's controversial, some FS use it, some don't..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've heard good things about it. I know it can have some side effects but from what I've read it's helped a lot of women. If I had poor fertilisation results I would ask about it. Guess I will see tomorrow if its worth asking about!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, thanks for your good luck wishes. I think I will need them. My egg count is very low so it will be interesting to see if the injections help things.
    and good luck to you ladies that just had your collections! Hope you feel ok. Fingers crossed for all of us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah interesting. If it helps I'm all for it!
    One more sleep until my egg transfer. Getting rather nervous and excited now! My embryo results this morning were great! All are still going one was already an early blast and the rest are super strong! The little guys just need to last one more night! It has given me some relief that we should have a few to freeze just in case this fresh cycle doesn't work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Klm it doesn't matter if you don't have lots it only takes one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Wise Enough. I have just grabbed hydralyte tablets and icy poles!! Hadn't heard about the protein part tho. I have protein powder at home so I guess I'll be drinking heaps of that now!!! Trigger tonight so hopefully I don't get sick before collection. What happens if they cancel a cycle?? How will my ovaries actually go down??? Do they just wait for u to ovulate naturally then or give u more drugs???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsdothis View Post
    Klm it doesn't matter if you don't have lots it only takes one!
    Yes that's very true!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelbel I haven't heard any cases of getting sick before EPU, mainly after. Your body just goes all out of wack. In think its the fluid retention that's the most dangerous part, as that pushes on your lungs. Though my ovaries were still inflated when I had a scan at 12 weeks! So they do take a while to go down. Probably goes down quicker of you're not pregnant, which is why they like to wait to transfer.