+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 82 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    KLM- ooohhh a toy boy . It's good you're giving it a go, I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I get so impatient waiting for a cycle to start, feels like its the only time AF takes her time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So the scientist rang this morning and all 7 embryos made it over night but two are not as strong as the other 5. I will be happy if I have 2 by the end of it! Wow it is such a nervous wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo!!! Often many die off at day 4, but I'd say your safe in setting your expectations on 2 blasties. This is showing you have good egg quality, which is a good thing .

One of my friends is PCO and had 35 eggs collected once (got severe OHSS and ended up in hospital). She ended up getting pregnant naturally and is now trying for number two. I think she's used about 4 of her 23 blasties!!! But they haven't taken, and now she wonders if its a dud batch and they all won't work. So big numbers isn't always attractive.

On the opposite side my sister had 15 eggs and only 1 fertilised!!!! They were shattered. But it made it to day 3 and she transferred it, and that lone egg is now my nephew.

Just giving you examples of opposite ends of the spectrum.

Are you guys transferring one or two? Last time I transferred 2 blasties, 1 wasn't freezable so I put it back with a good one. I was so scared I'd get twins and instead I got nothing. Got a line on a HPT for 2 days but then it disappeared.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post

Are you guys transferring one or two? Last time I transferred 2 blasties, 1 wasn't freezable so I put it back with a good one. I was so scared I'd get twins and instead I got nothing. Got a line on a HPT for 2 days but then it disappeared.
    Hello all, I hope you dont mind but I have been following this thread as I too am beginning my first IVF cycle probably in April... I am single and doing it with donor sperm, recently had a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy etc and all looks fine, my AMH is 11.

But I jump in at this point as my FS asked me do I want to put one or two embies (should I get them) in? And Im flabbergasted. Does two definetly mean twins? Is it more expensive? Increase the chances of one sticking? Any ideas...?

I'd love to have twins but as this is my only shot probably but then ....twins, yikes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi welcome to the rollercoaster that is ivf ibelieve!

I my fs says because of my age 28 and that I'm fit and healthy with no known issues (unexplained infertility) that he will only transfer one. That's is fine with me I just hope I have one or two to freeze also! How about you wise enough?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am pretty new to all this ibelieve so I don't have any answers to your questions but am curious to know the answers!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Letsdothis For This Useful Post:

IBelieve  (09-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My fs said they only like to do one. DH really wants twins. Lol. Me I'm not fussed either way. Happy to just finally get one!! Depending on ur clinic there is a 45% chance of pregnancy with each transfer. So if u transfer two ur chances of pregnancy are only slightly higher. However ur chance of multiples is much higher than if u only have one transferred (obviously 😃). Remember that although twins might sound great it does make your pregnancy higher risk. You need to weigh up the options.
    Hope that helps and hasn't scared you!!
    Personally I would like to put two in and take the chance!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kelbel86 For This Useful Post:

IBelieve  (10-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome I believe. I too am single and using donor sperm. I know too many women who have waited for Mr right to come and he never did or arrived late and they missed out on kids. I wasn't about to let that happen, had to act when I found out I had low ovarian reserve ( I was all AMH 11 when I started).

If your new to Ivf and young I would definitely transfer one. After 3 cycles I would go to transferring two. Give your body a chance first. My friend is an embryologist who told me never to transfer two because of the high risks. I did anyway and she was okay with it, mainly because she knew the second one was a dud.

As a single parent it's risky to transfer 2, I only did as I have a lot of family support. If I was over 40 though I would definitely transfer 2 each time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Wise Enough. Yep, time has definetely run out for Mr Right so Im giving it a shot. Im not young, (39) and can only afford a certain number of rounds of IVF, so I figure Im going to take the chance with two embies if I can get them. My FS didnt seem to have an opinion either way but Im sure I'll hear more about that when I start with the clinic etc.

I hear you, that as a single parent it'd be a lot, but I do have extensive family support and a financial plan in place...

Im very excited, my next steps are clinic orientation and choosing my donor etc but then I get on here and read "pain, weight gain, swollen ovaries, OHSS, teary etc" and I freak out... trying to stay positive though..

My FS said to start CoQ10. Anyone else taking anything else for luck?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi letsdothis, do u know ur tfr date yet. Wow u have lots of follicles! My scan on wednesday showed only 3 and removal is tomorrow. Big upset by number but better than zero. Hoping u get that bfp in the near future!