+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Relationship tips after baby?

What are your tips for a healthy happy relationship in the first few months after having a baby? What expectations did/do you have of your dp/dh and what expectations did they have of you????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Healthy relationship - For me, I think keeping lines of communication open, being kind to yourself and your partner, understanding and compromise is essential - for both parties. Knowing what is important for each person (ie: having a tidy house, s3x, sleep, exercise etc) helps immensely.

Expectations? It helps to have none, but, if you have them you need to ensure they are communicated.

As an *example* i expect my DH to do the yard work, help around the house, keep fit and get a good night sleep - even if it means sleeping in the spare room. And take the baby when she is not feeding so I can do what's expected of me! PS that's when he is home - he works approx 4w on/off

As an *example* I prepare meals, do house work, feed the baby (excl. bf) , sort out all school related stuff and take dd to school...

My partner is awesome 😃
    Last edited by mrsoptomistic; 23-02-2013 at 13:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Not to forget about each other and work together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Relationship tips after baby?

Subbing

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Oh subbing too! Lately I've been wondering how it will change our marriage with twins due in 8 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing we're 18mths into that journey and although things are good, they're not like they used to be.

Thanks
    Reviews

My DS is only 4 months but my DH and I have a stronger bond now than we ever did.

Communication is key. I had an emergency csection and obviously was somewhat under prepared for that. DH was AMAZING. He needed to help in every aspect.

Talk about expectations of each other. Things like doing the dishes can wait as in the early weeks it can be hard to find time to clean. If its a viable option, consider hiring a cleaner in those early weeks. Try do put bub to bed early enough so you can spend quality time together. If bub goes down too late, you will both just be too tired. When people offer to watch bub, take people up on it and use that time to go shopping or lunch etc. it's about learning to reconnect under new circumstances.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarah18 For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (25-02-2013)