+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default easy yummy dessert ideas

Hi ladies,

I am after easy dessert recipes to add to my collection
    We are having a few dinner dates at our house this week with other families visiting and I woud love to try something new... but as the title says.... easy.. I am time poor.
    Please share your yummy recipe with me!!

Thank you in advance

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: easy yummy dessert ideas

Bump!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Pannacotta --basically you cook milk and cream, add gelatine and some kind of flavoring if you like (I melted Turkish delight into the milk and cream the other day) and pour into moulds or glasses to set in the fridge. My recipe was from the back of the gelatine packet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Berry Smash

Pavlova shells roughly broken up, whipped cream and berry coulis, gently mixed or layered in a wide glass.

Berry coulis can be made days before hand using frozen berries - just refrigerate, get some pre made pav shells from the shop, they will keep a week or 2 and if your feeling really lazy/time poor get the extra thick dollop cream instead of whipping the cream :-) this is always a hit with my family and friends.

Chocolate Ripple Cake w icecream

Chocolate Ripple biscuits, every 3rd one dunked in espresso, or tia maria, or Baileys or kahlua, sandwiched together with whipped cream (with a bit of icing sugar mixed through for sweetness) layer in individual wide glasses - top with a strawberry or make in a tray (like a cake).

Wrap in glad wrap and put in an airtight container (so it doesn't pick up the smell of the fridge - cream tends to do that) and refrigerate for 2 days prior to serving.

Can also be made with butterscotch snaps for something different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I love deserts that you can pre do or are quick to prepare so after dinner it's easy - Toblerone mousse is easy as you can make it the night before and just serve it !

Toblerone mousse
    Serves: 8
    Total Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients
    - 200 grams Toblerone chocolate
    - 600 mil cream
    - 4 large Eggs
    - extra chocolate for garnish

Instructions
    1. Beat egg whites until they are hard peaks.
    2. Whip the cream
    Gently fold egg whites into the cream, until all mixed through.
    3. Melt the Toblerone bars with a splash of cream and fold into the same bowl as the cream/egg mixture make sure all the chocolate is mixed through.

4. Spoon into 8 glasses and grate extra toblerone on top ( or a flake )
    for decoration.
    Refrigerate until set.

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Double dipped strawberries

Melt white and dark/milk chocolate.
    Dipped the strawberry 3/4 of up in the white let set, normally the first is set when you get to last IYKIM, then dip 1/2 way in dark.

Easy mini lemon tarts

melt a ginger snap to cake a rounded bottom, mix 1 tin of condensed milk with the juice of lemon. fill shells.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    easy strawberry yummies

cut a sheet of puff pastry into desired size ( i do 12 for kids and 4 for adults) finely slice a strawberry place onto pastry, sprinkle a little sugar over the top and cook in mod oven until pastry puffs (only a few minutes) drizzle with chocolate.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yum these sound great and easy. Subbing.... Sorry I have nothing to contribute!