+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Anyone had a Vb against medical advice? why and e

Title should say why and what was the outcome? Has anyone had a vaginal delivery against the advice of your Dr? Not so much in the cse of VBAC but having big baby issues, abdominal circumference is off the charts , bigger then the head and that's the most accurate indication of
    shoulder size. Therefore inreased risk of shoulder dystocia so trying for a vb and opting for an emergency c-section if it doesn't work is not an option. I've had two previous vb with no complications and really don't know what to do. I posted earlier in the week but understand a bit bettet now why they r concerned. Not the weight but the ratio of head to abdo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep. DS1 was 9pd11.5oz (4.41kg), 36.5cm hc. I got a 3rd deg epi and 4th deg tears. With my second i was told i needed a csec to avoid damage that would mean a colostomy bag. I refused the csec as i was sure my tears were from drs negligence.

DS2 was born in 3hrs, 9pd9.5oz(4.35kg), 37cm hc. I received 2nd deg tearing as he was compound presentation. Im 100% happy with my decision to refuse medical advice and have a VB.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Did you have growth scans before the birth? Do you have any of the AC and the HC? I'm interested in other readings. I managed DS at 9.5 pnds, 39 cm head without even a graze but his head was definetly bigger then shoulders. His head was huge ...and still is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Anyone had a Vb against medical advice? why and e

I had a growth scan, i don't have my hospital records but can see about getting them next week if you want. I had a scan at 36wks and they estimated him at 7pds and said he would be 9pds at 40wks, i went to 41+2 and he was 9pd9.5 so they were pretty spot on with size.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub