+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default VB with a prolapse from first birth

Hi all,
    Just wondering if there are any women out there that can share your experiences / advice on birthing with a prolapse. I posted a similar thread in a different area not long ago, but unfortunately didn't get much response. Not sure if there are not many women out there with prolapses, but sometimes I feel I'm the only one with this.
    So if you have gone through a VB or c-sect with a prolapse, id love to hear your experiences, mainly in regard to the prolapse worsening or not.
    Many thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hi, sorry to hear you have a prolapse they really suck don't they.

I have moderate bladder and uterine prolapse after birthing my son. They will require surgery. My gyno said that another vb would worsen them so I opted for a c-sec with my daughter.

I am 6 months post c-sec now and the prolapses haven't worsened.

Thanks
    Reviews

Felicia - thanks so much for sharing. Yes, prolapses totally suck. It's been two years now and I think I'm still mourning the fact ill never be the same again. There is so much I feel I can't do due to the discomfort.
    A lot of things I've read says another VB will not cause more damage as the damage has already been done, but I can't get my head around how it won't worsen considering the amount of pushing that is required to birth a baby. My prolapse gets worse by simply sitting on the loo or bringing the heavy shopping bags in, so I can only imagine birth to make it worse.
    I am definitely considering c-sect, but afraid of the recovery with that.
    So, definitely no worsening for you? Was it your decision or the ob? Im waiting For my next Appointment to discuss a c-sect with the ob. That's brilliant to hear that it's no worse now. Did your prolapse feel heavier during pregnancy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Brulee sorry I didn't get back to this thread sooner.

My gyno advised me to have a c-sec. As I went public I just chatted (cried haha) to the midwives about my first birth and the issues arising from it. So I was allowed to opt for a c-section as I had a valid reason.

The prolapses are great in pregnancy as your uterus lifts and holds everything up. In fact I almost forgot I had them, but remembered pretty quickly after birth :/.

Yes I would say there is no worsening, they seem to feel about the same as before my 2nd pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a mild prolapse which righted itself on its own (I think). Will discuss with my ob this week at my first appointment. It was painful to sit on a toilet and even standing for more than a minute became unbearable. I think it lasted about 4 months and then went away. Not sure if I just needed more healing time or it was because of lifestyle changes, like exercise and weight loss.. But I was so sure I would need surgery.. Now I'm a little worried about getting it again and even worse this time but I'm still going to try for a vaginal birth again. Not sure if this post is helpful at all lol sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a prolapse after dd1. When I got pregnant with dd2, it miraculously got better! I felt amazing!

Then dd2 was born, and it did come back, worse than ever, but, 10 months on it is so much better than before getting pregnant with dd2.

I do thousands of pelvic floor exercises, and am very active, I walk everywhere. I think that helps keep my weight down, so it doesn't compound the issue.

I also was told I would need surgery after I was definitely sure I'd finished having kids, but now I think I won't need it.