+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is it normal-ish?

I'm 40+7 and just had s&s this morning and scheduled to be induced on Sunday (with gel to soften cervix first - then stay overnight and then have drip Monday Morning) if I don't have bub between then and now.

I really don't want to be induced however I think it's the deadline for this baby to come out by Monday, I am feeling very emotional and anxious about going into labour;whether that be naturally or having to be induced! I do hope it's naturally but I don't like my chances. I am not really worried about labour but the process to get to labour is making me a bit vulnerable and anxious. Do you think is fairly normal?

My DH says I need to stay positive; but it's not that I am being negative, i'm not crying cause I am sad or depressed just emotional. Have you had a similar experience? and would you suggest anything?

I am just going to try stay a little occupied without being to far away from home (mainly home) and be as calm as possible. I also think I probably needed a bit of a cry to move through the emotion. What do you think?

Thank you in advance.
    AA8

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is it normal-ish?

Sounds perfectly normal to me. I think not knowing how things are going to play out produces anxiety in a lot of people. Add hormones to that and it's no wonder we get emotional. Good luck. Try to keep your mind occupied, keep active as much as you're comfortable, rest and try and stay relaxed and you never know what will happen. But one way or another you will be meeting you're bub in just a few days.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM76 For This Useful Post:

AceAri8  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it is completely normal! I can imagine feeling exactly the same as you. It's such a huge life event, there is so much anticipation.

Good luck! I hope it goes really well.

By the way my SIL was 10 days overdue and had to be induced and she got very upset about it and said she felt like her body wasn't doing what it was supposed to do. But the induction went really well - the gel worked overnight, she went into labour at 7am, had quite a good labour, no pain relief except for TENS machine, and baby was born at 3pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Biggest 11 days of my life; 4 days of inducing. Break waters go on drip(8.30am)...monitored the whole time. Took 7 hours to go into labour . Contractions were strong but not as regular as clockwork. Starting to fatigue... opt for gas helped with breathing nothing else. By 8pm I needed pain relief snd got assessed. Still not dilsting only 2cm.... felt like I'd done lots of work for nothing. Epidural time... very scary but hoped this would dilate me to get pushing. Two hours later surgeon checks and still no go. l now have to have a ceasar. Top up epidural go in to have my baby cut out. They do the test cut to check for epidural function..... I scream I can feel it.
    Time for a general.... felt like my body failed me too but got really beautifil baby boy.

Love and light.
    Last edited by AceAri8; 06-03-2013 at 04:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That sucks that it was a long and painful labour, but congratulations on your baby!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Disbride For This Useful Post:

AceAri8  (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations! Don't feel like your body failed you, you gave birth to a health baby boy. You've done a great job carrying this baby for over 40 weeks, and while the delivery may not have been what you wanted, you have done a brilliant job!

You and your DH should be very proud!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantsy For This Useful Post:

AceAri8  (07-03-2013)