+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First trimester screening results - when/how will I get them?

Hi guys,

I'm now exactly 13 weeks (yay!). Had my bloods for this test done at 10 weeks and then earlier this week had my 12 week scan (was actually 12 weeks 5 days, to my surprise!).

My scan report was back at the doctors today, but nothing yet to indicate the combined risk factor for abnormalities?

Nuchal measurement was good, nasal bone there - everything else ticking all boxes for this stage. Dr assured me to not be too worried as I'm unlikely to be high risk...still, until I get those bloods I really don't know!

How will I find out my results? Will they come back to my GP, my Ob (who I go to see Monday) or will the Victorian organisation responsible contact me personally? Everyone seems rather vague about it.

I live in a regional town, not the city, if that helps at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got the results from the blood test at the same time as the scan results. The bloods were sent to the US place and they put together a report based on the scan and blood tests together.

happychick1385 is online now Mummy to four little kiddies that keep me on my toes :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When I had my scan I was told to ring back after half an hour and I would get my results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default First trimester screening results - when/how will I get them?

I had to do my bloods a couple of days before my scan and then on the day they looked at both and told me then there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is annoying me a bit, as other people who had their scan in Melbourne told me they got their results straight away.

My blood tests were done weeks ago (as recommended) and the scan results from the other day would have been sent from the radiographer locally to VCGS in Melb for them to be processed.

I guess I could just give VCGS a call and find out what the go is? I honestly thought I would know by now!

Would like to know so I can start telling people we are expecting!!!!! Was holding off incase I needed to get an amnio or CVS done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just rang them and got a recorded message saying "please ring your doctor, we can't give this information".

Well gee that was helpful!

I guess I will just ring my clinic and ask if they can get my GP to call me when my results come in?

I had planned to tell family this weekend. This kind of sucks, think we'll tell them anyway but tell them to hold off shouting the news to all the neighbours too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    And here I go again.

Bub #2 and had 12 week scan today. Same bloody run around, scan results get sent to VCGS & now I have to wait til it's calculated. Bloody annoying.

Does anyone else have to wait weeks, or is it just poor suckers like me in rural areas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope I went public and through a radiology, blood results were sent to the radiology in time for my scan and the combined results were ready an hour or so after but they had told me 24hr. I got a copy of the report and my doc got a copy, I looked at them and could clearly read the risks etc.

It is all done over email and electronically so I don't know why it would take longer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ponypal View Post
    Nope I went public and through a radiology, blood results were sent to the radiology in time for my scan and the combined results were ready an hour or so after but they had told me 24hr. I got a copy of the report and my doc got a copy, I looked at them and could clearly read the risks etc.

It is all done over email and electronically so I don't know why it would take longer
    Hmm, I will ring my Ob or GP Monday for clarification. I don't think the blood results are ever sent to radiology in our town, as they said yesterday the scan results were to be sent to VCGS in Melbourne (where my blood results will be).

Fingers crossed I will have them next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
    Hmm, I will ring my Ob or GP Monday for clarification. I don't think the blood results are ever sent to radiology in our town, as they said yesterday the scan results were to be sent to VCGS in Melbourne (where my blood results will be).

Fingers crossed I will have them next week.
    I would check. The blood results should have been sent to the place you had your scan or if not they should have called through for them. They then should have combined your results of bloods and scan and given you a risk rating straight away. I live remote too, it shouldn't make a difference. I've never had a problem.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 28-02-2015 at 13:20.