+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 36 weeks, Upset tummy TMI

Hi all,
    I'm not sure whether to be worried or not. I have had an upset tummy for the last two mornings waking up at 4am and not being able to get back to sleep because of it. I wake up feeling like I am going to throw up and I have had more bowel movements then usual (about 3 or 4 times a day) usually its one is this something that you would be worried about and speak to the modwife or is it normal this far into pregnancy?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Its worth mentioning to your Dr but for me it was normal. Happened for a about a week before I went into labour, not sure if its a change in hormones? Also happened whenever I took iron tablets - everyone else gets blocked up but I'd be d&v within hours if taking a tablet. Have you change your diet at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did start taking iron tablets about 3 weeks ago and then vitamin d a week ago not sure of that has anything to do with it the hospital forgot to inform me that I had a vitamin d deficiency at the beginning until they were testing it again to see if it had gone up. I also have a feeling that this baby is coming early though, he's already on position head down and facing the right way etc. I don't have another appointment with my midwife until Wednesday. Do u think I should wait until then or call earlier? I still have another week of work and I really sit want to go into labour there
    Thanks x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah call and ask your midwife or GP. Best to have peace of mind than worry for days x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Talk to your midwife/OB but the same thing happened to me from 30 weeks. I had excruciating stomach pains where I was screaming, diarrhea and nausea..
    Are you still taking pregnancy multi vitamins? Sometimes they can be be cause.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah still taking the elevit on top of the other vitamins I might call my midwife tonight after work and see what see says. Thanks ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    It could very well be the beginnings of your body getting ready for labour. I hd dioreah for days leading up to all three of mine and vomit !!!! I would call the midwife or see GP just incase though as you don't want the next four weeks feeling rotten !

Good luck wishing you an easy and exciting birth if you are going to go early xx

Thanks
    Reviews

That is how my labour started, first morning just an upset tummy, second morning upset tummy, plus blood and baby arrived later that morning. All the best.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oooo yeah, I should mention that that's how I also went into labour at 34 weeks..