+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2TwoDSs View Post
    Deep down, if I had to die for my sons, I wont choose which one. I would gladly sacrifice my life for either one. I think that tells me I do love them both the same.
    Oh no! Don't go here - I'm still scarred from reading 'Sophie's choice'!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you really love your kids the same?

I love all of my kids equally but I always fall immediately and hopelessly in love with my newborns. I see the older kids as being independent, able-bodied little people who need me less than the squishy beautiful little new person! Can't help it.

As an extension of that I guess I always have a soft spot for the baby of the family

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jade24 For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Do you really love your kids the same?

I love dd1 because she was my gift after a horrible labour. I love dd2 because she gifted me an easy labour.

I do love both my girls - but they are definitely times I want to send them to nannas house so I can have a cup in peace.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think what people have issues with is the more and less aspect of love. I love both of my children equally, I demonstrate it differently to each of them because they ARE different. They have different personalities, needs, temperaments so clearly whilst the AMOUNT of love given to each is the same it is still a very different love for each. So try not to focus on more or less and just learn to accept this new love for your new son.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope, I love her differently on different days.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I adore my DS2, he is my safe place when i cant take my DS1 anymore. they are 3 + 4 now and i had PND with DS1 he was 8 weeks prem i was 20 when i had him and i had ds 2 just over a year later.
    I love my DS1 so much its the same crazy protection mother love.
    but i do like them differently

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Thanks everyone. I felt so horrible admitting it that I wasn't sure about posting originally but I feel better now.
    I do love them both and that is the important thing at the moment. I can't wait until DS2 is older and has his own personality.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    I love mine differently but equally. I was way more bonded with DS2 as a newborn than DS1 and also managed to escape PND the second time around so I enjoyed the newborn/infant stage waaaay more which I think shaped how I feel about DS2 now. But DS1 is my firstborn son and there's something so special about that, plus he just cracks me up and is such a little grown up, it's hilarious. But DS2, my god I just want to smoosh him and squish him.
    this is exactly me as well. Defiantly enjoying ds2 (10wks) more as an infant/baby as it was all a blur with ds1 due to pnd. But I still love ds1 and at 5yo he is such a great help and loves his brother which makes my heart melt when i see him being so loving towards him. I do feel guilty at times with not being able to spend as much time with him now but dh is making up for it by spending more 1 on 1 time with him on his weekends off which is great.
    Hang in there your baby is still so young it will come when their little personality starts to come out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    your DS2 is still a newbie, give yourself a chance. I didn't bond at all with DS1 till he was about 6 months old and now we are very close. I love him to bits. I love all three of my boys differently, they do different things that pis# me off and they have different qualities that I like about them. So I love them all but differently...