+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Sonja, my dad had no medical training but you needed to have lost a limb for him to let you stay home from school. Luckily I could play the 'female troubles' card but only one day veeeeeeeeeeery rarely. Most of the time he'd say "you look fine to me" and send me to school. Grrr.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Spin Off About School Notes

The school my girls go to handed out note pad type form for absences last week.
    It has options for late (with space to put a reason), illness/injury, medical appointment, parent choice, holiday and other (with space to write reason). I think its great cause you just write your kid's name, class, tick the right box and sign it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BubHub

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Spin Off About School Notes

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    If your child has too many absences, then it has to be reported to docs. If you only write "personal" and they come and ask you why, how will you remember the real reason if you don't specify.

I don't know, could be different in wa, but in nsw, there are codes for specific absences that have to be recorded next to their name. There isn't a code for personal.
    When was this brought in? Through high school I would have been reported to docs heaps then
    (Finished high school two years ago so if it was longer than that)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trustno1 View Post
    The school my girls go to handed out note pad type form for absences last week.
    It has options for late (with space to put a reason), illness/injury, medical appointment, parent choice, holiday and other (with space to write reason). I think its great cause you just write your kid's name, class, tick the right box and sign it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BubHub
    Ooh I like the idea of the that!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

In pretty sure in WA there are acceptable and unacceptable reasons.

It is generally acceptable to be sick or to be absent due to some major family issue. It is generally not acceptable to be continually absent due to taking a mental health day or going on holiday. I think you do get reported for taking too many days off particularly if they are the unacceptable type.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I always write a very specific reason for SD as previously we've had to use her school records of attendance (or lack thereof) in mediation/court.

When she was with her Mum she had over 36 days of absences PLUS constantly was late/left early. That was in one 10 week term that also had numerous public holidays. *shakes head*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Wow to some of the absences! I think 4 days a term is loads too. I was hardly ever absent throughout school as I hated missing stuff and then having to catch up!

Thanks
    Reviews

My dd1 last school wrote 20+ days absent.... I freaked! Only to find out they mark a child being away for the whole day if they miss the morning roll call just after bell rings... Dd is bad for taking her time (she is getting there).... Now i think about it that would be horrid for safety reasons?!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    When was this brought in? Through high school I would have been reported to docs heaps then
    (Finished high school two years ago so if it was longer than that)
    How many absences?

Also, once you're 16, there's not a lot can be done as school isn't compulsory.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 22-02-2013 at 07:24.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by M.2. View Post
    My dd1 last school wrote 20+ days absent.... I freaked! Only to find out they mark a child being away for the whole day if they miss the morning roll call just after bell rings... Dd is bad for taking her time (she is getting there).... Now i think about it that would be horrid for safety reasons?!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    These are usually marked as a partial absence. Our report card shows how many partial absences a child has as well. My school is tough we mark "running late" as an unjustified partial absence. A justified partial absence would be a trip to the doctor/dentist etc before school. Some parents get a rude shock when they see how many partials they have. Our school is quite strict on explaining absence and we send a note home after 2 days if the absence remains unexplained.