+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Spin Off About School Notes

When you write a note for your childs absence, do you give a specific reason or a vague one?

I have always written...

"*Childs name* was absent from school on *date* due to personal reasons"

..and left it at that, regardless of the actual reason he wasnt at school. Ive never had any issue with it and nobody has ever questioned it but I do wonder if other parents give specific reasons.
    Even on the rare occasion I have picked him up early, when I sign him out of school it says "Reason" and I just write "person reasons" rather than 'appointment' or anything else I know a few others write.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I'd give a reason if it we were out of town or something by saying we were out of town or if my kid was sick otherwise Id write 'personal reasons.'
    I skipped a lot of school (high school) so I became pro at excuses

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Mum once sent me to school with a note which read; "Please excuse Shoopuf for being absent on xyz as she was."

I assume it was because I was sick Someone obviously had a hectic morning that day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I will normally write "was sick or had a appointment" there are times when I go into details like today. It was his swimming carnival, his acne meds mean he can't sit in the sun.

Thanks
    Reviews

I will give a vague one I don't think there's any need for detail.

My mum once sent in a note saying I was absent due to diarrhoea!! It wasn't even true I just had the day off and mum took me shopping. Very embarrassed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I normally write "please excuse j for being absent due to illness" and then worry I haven't said enough. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah I normally do 'due to illness' but have been tempted just to write "he was absent on this day" and leave it at that. I dont see why they need to know.

One day last year, i just couldnt get out of bed... Not sure if I was sick or just had a hard night but I wanted to write "because mum was sleeping" lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I just say DD was sick, for everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I laugh when I read those articles talking about absences from school for reasons like "Mum took me shopping" or "my aunt came over to visit", etc, etc and I always thought how does the school know that? I daresay some parents do actually write it on the note to school .

I like the 'personal reasons' excuse. Especially if it's due to parental illness or parental issues that the school really doesn't need to know about. My ds was sick earlier this week with what I thought was a cold, but it turns out it may have just been his first episode of hayfever as when he was home he hardly blew his nose from mid-morning ... so I just wrote "absent due to a runny nose".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I would always give a specific reason.

If a child has too many absences, then you won't remember why to be able to tell authorities.