+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    OP if you only know people NOR and want to be nearish to them, ignore all of us suggesting SOR places lol Its a looooooong drive from some of these suburbs to Joondalup.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did the exact same thing almost a year ago, moved Sydney the Perth for hubbies work, although he isnt doing FIFO. We had never been to Perth before so had no idea of where things were, what NOR or SOR meant, or the difference between them. We had a look at suburbs both North and South and found that we liked North better. We rented a house in Clarkson when we first got here, a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom place for $450 a week. We have just recently bought our own home in Butler and we're literally 2 mins to the beach. We're big beach people and we go almost every day. We love North, and especially the north coast as theres a lot of very new areas (our home is only 7 years old) and we're very close to the beach. The suburbs have a lot of parks and its very family friendly. The same could be true for south, im not sure, but we love it here. Something to factor in for you would be distance to the airport, if hubby is doing FIFO. From our house its about 45 mins each way, other areas would be closer.

To get the kind of rent you'd be looking at, and if you're considering the north coast i would look at Clarkson, Butler, Merriwa. If you want to go maybe 10 minutes inland a little then maybe around Joondalup, Edgewater, Banksia Grove, etc.

Once you've settled on an area then you can look at schools.

It was a big shock for us coming over here, its didnt look how we thought it would look, and we still have trouble adjusting to doing things a little slower, but we absolutely love it here and wouldnt go back for all the tea in china

Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions

Thanks
    Reviews

Default New question

Hi,First of all, sorry if I've done the wrong thing asking a new question in an existing thread... I just thought it's better than creating a new one and cluttering the forum...
    We're moving to Perth as well and will live in St James area... I've looked into the myschool website and inputing postcode 6102... Result only came up with 2 primary schools : Santa Clara School and Bentley Primary School... So are these two my only options for government or catholic primary school ? I understand that there is a zone requirement so is there any other primary school that is close to St James area ? I would be happy to get some other option and see if we will actually live in the zone for other schools...
    If not, which is the better choice out of these two ? We are happy to go to a Catholic school which I assume Santa Clara is one...
    Or, which good private schools that you would recommend for us ?
    Distance is actually not really an issue for us... So if there is good govt/catholic school that doesn't have a zone requirement and happy to take student from St James area, please let us know as well...
    Thanks a lot in advance for the help that you can give us...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We ended up getting a place in Port Kennedy. My partner thought it looked like a nicer place. We move in 3 weeks

Ky is offline <--- Ruby, the most precious little red gem ever!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Confused ... I've just moved to Mandurah from Port Kennedy and we're a FIFO family. It isn't a bad place to live but sadly, there appears to be a bit of a crime wave there at the moment. Once they catch the lowlifes who are making life hell in some areas then hopefully it will go back to the 'sleepy seaside village' feel it used to have. It is mainly house and car break ins, annoying more than anything.

You will probably find that your area is quite friendly. We have lived in two streets there and both times have formed a good group of friends amongst the neighbours. It is quite a young suburb and most people have younger families.

I hope you really love it there.