+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breech baby, will bubs turn?

Our bubs has pretty much parked in a breech with feet up above head, bum down ever since regular Ob's appts at 28 weeks. We're now going on 33 weeks. At this point things seem so tight I wonder if she's in a bit of a pickle with no room to rotate. I can't imagine the ruckus in my belly when/if she does.

What's usual in terms of tardy turning? Should I be worried at this point?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My dd was breech from 28 weeks, I had a scan at 32 weeks and she still hadn't turned. I did lots of rocking on my hands and knees and walking in the swimming pool between 32 weeks and 36 weeks. I had another scan at 36 weeks and she had gone head down, I didn't even feel her move position. Have they given you any info on try to get baby to move?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Get onto spinning babies online asap. There is enough room now to turn but once engaged that's kinda it. Second and subsequent babies flip around more.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Breech baby, will bubs turn?

My bub was breech at 32 weeks. I did nothing, and he turned and was head down at 36 weeks

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

My DD stayed breech the whole pregnancy. Ended up with a scheduled csection at 39+6.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Definitely look at the 'Spinning Babies' website, as it's invaluable and get yourself aquainted with (OFP) 'optimal fetal positioning' techniques.

Try and get into the habit of not slouching, always sitting forward (i.e, backwards on a chair with a nice straight back), no reclining on the lounge and trying to do lot's of gentle rocking back and forth on all fours.

Some people have great success with getting a baby to turn by having a trained Chiro do the 'Webster Technique'. It has to be done by a Chiro who is trained in that particualr technique and it has a very good success rate.

Babies can turn even in labour, so please don't lose hope, but definitely check out the Spinning Babies website. Good Luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

My bub was breach from about 28 weeks too. I tried the spinning babies stuff and it didn't work. If you have less fluid and bub is big (like with me) the chance of bub moving isn't as great...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Also before you have anyone try and manually manipulate the position of bub get your doc to confirm that your placenta isn't at the front (anterior) this makes any type of manual manipulation more risky.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Bibio, has your OB done an ultrasound to determine how much fluid you have?

My first baby was breech and stubbornly so and didn't turn, but back then I had no idea about OFP, so when my other babies were presenting breech at the 30+mark I adopted OFP techniques and they worked. Of course, everybody is different, so there will always be the excpetion to the rule. There is also ECV as an option as well. I chose not to have that done, but again, it's an 'option'. The Ob should also ultrasound you again down the track to double check where your placenta is as well.

The way I see it, you've got nothing to lose by at least trying some techniques that are really easy to incorporate into your day.