+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    South East QLD
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Sorry but I have another homework question...sight words

Fridge magnets. The alphabet ones. I need to buy more as majority have disappeared but Ds1 liked getting out the A or I or making AND, ON etc etc. I would make simple words each morning and get him to read them.

When driving I'll say words and get him to tell me what letter it starts with.

When reading books I'll get him to say his sight words. Ie, if we read 'Who sank the boat' I'll read while pointing at the words but stop at 'the'

My MIL bought ds1 boggle. Very simple and fun for him.

Repetition, repetition, repetition.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Western Australia
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sorry but I have another homework question...sight words

Google 'flashcard games' and you will get heaps :-) make the letters out of play dough, shaving cream writing, water on the concrete outside, pipecleaners, write them on blown up balloons with permanent markers, cut the letters out of magazines and make a word collage, write them in the air With your finger, foot, arm, tummy etc, finger paint, letter beads and put them on string, dry alphabet soup pasta etc. there are heaps and heaps of ideas if you google :-) one good game is 'bang' put all of the cards in a tin with a few cards that say bang. Draw out one at a time (taking turns) and read the card. If you draw out a 'bang' card either you lose, or you have to put all of your cards back in the tin. However you would like to play it :-)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Sorry but I have another homework question...sight words

Thanks so much everybody for the fantastic suggestions. DD does love to play games. I think I will have to get creative this weekend