+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Cost of replacing ipad screen?

Just called a place and he said $278 but they aren't even fixing them atm as he doesn't have a part he needs so yeah..
    Only $200 more and i could buy a new one. I don't know if it's even worth fixing?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Cost of replacing ipad screen?

If you're handy with things you can buy a screen off eBay for $40 (or probably cheaper that's just the first one I saw) and change it yourself, I have had a friend do this and he said it was quite fiddly and takes a little while but it looked brand new when he finished it and is a lot cheaper than the apple store doing it! However it would void your warranty so I'd only do it if its already after the warranty period!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to haveheart For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Plan2bamummy View Post
    Insurance? What's the premium?
    It wouldn't be covered by my insurance as it would be deemed a portable item and would need it's own insurance policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mummy pig View Post
    Try ICU at Charlestown
    ICU are the ones that gave me the $278 quote and aren't doing ipad 4 repairs atm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by haveheart View Post
    If you're handy with things you can buy a screen off eBay for $40 (or probably cheaper that's just the first one I saw) and change it yourself, I have had a friend do this and he said it was quite fiddly and takes a little while but it looked brand new when he finished it and is a lot cheaper than the apple store doing it! However it would void your warranty so I'd only do it if its already after the warranty period!
    I thought of that but i'm not handy at all. I'd be afraid i would completely screw it up.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I thought of that but i'm not handy at all. I'd be afraid i would completely screw it up.

Yeah I'm not really sure I could do it either, I'm horrible with fiddly things!! But if you know someone who is good with those things it could be a last resort!

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow that's expensive. I got mine done at a place here in darwin for $90

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Cookies View Post
    I'm not sure how much they are but I'm also needing to know how it will
    Be to replace a iPhone 3 screen?
    DIY! Get the kit off eBay and most have links to a YouTube vid showing how. Super easy! Only for the 3/3G though..... iPads and 4+ are a lot more complex.

my dad got an iPad screen replaced for $100. My cousin got hers done for $60 but they screwed it up and spent ages fixing the problems they caused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini85 View Post
    Wow that's expensive. I got mine done at a place here in darwin for $90
    Wow. That's not too bad. Is that for the ipad 4? Apparently the older models are much cheaper to replace.
    Maybe i should wait until it's older and cheaper?

Thanks
    Reviews

Have you a computer market or something nearby? I'm in Melbourne but our computer market is very reasonably priced.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tully78 For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by tully78 View Post
    Have you a computer market or something nearby? I'm in Melbourne but our computer market is very reasonably priced.
    There are a few phone repair places around. So far the cheapest quote i've got is $190.