+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 'I won't let my children play with friends that I deem beneath them... '

Her reasoning isn't even slightly logical. Little Ariadne's parents could be the world's biggest ferals who just happened to open a name book at that page. She'd get a nasty shock when she dropped darling India and Poppy off at their house!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: 'I won't let my children play with friends that I deem beneath them... '

Hahahaha!

Sent between chaos ~

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 'I won't let my children play with friends that I deem beneath them... '

Can I just say- take a hefty grain of salt with anything found on the daily mail? There is every chance they have skewed her words. They ran an article on the sunrise nurse in, billed me as a mother of 4 (I have 2 kids), referred to my son ( I only have daughters), made up quotes from me and published two or three different numbers of attendees. I got them to retract and fix most of it but still!!

I don't dictate my DDs friendships, but I always give her my honest impression

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (22-02-2013),Boobycino  (21-02-2013),Ellewood  (21-02-2013),MissMuppet  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be honest I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I'd be certainly encouraging my children not to hang out with certain children whether it's because of them or their family. For example, I wouldn't really want my child hanging out with another child who's family were just yobbos or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's sad that someone would be so controlling and snobby with no thought to their children's feelings.

If she wants them to do well at school she should work with them at home (not just with the tutor either, she should be encouraging education herself).

She's judging people on the silliest things (names, gold stars, tardiness etc.), these things could have no bearing on how educationally motivated these kids and their families actually are. I was very bright, did very well at school, but had no friends or social skills so a kid like me would have made a fun play date .

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 'I won't let my children play with friends that I deem beneath them... '

I wonder whether after reading this article, the parent's of the children she encourages her children to latch onto will want theirs to have anything to do with her?

Comes across quite manipulative and shallow.

Perhaps her friendships were also controlled as a child. Maybe she missed out on learning for herself that the best friendships are built on the values, personality traits and character of the individual. Not on the suitability of their background or parents....

I would have thought kindness, fairness, sense of humour etc were more important than uniform and tardiness when choosing friends.
    Last edited by giggle berry; 21-02-2013 at 19:45.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to giggle berry For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Just be aware though that even though i will also be sending DS to a private school and after attending one myself for 12 years I can warn you there were some kids there ( from very wealthy families) who are horrible kids with parents who assume sending your kids to a private school means you don't have to worry about them, you can't always judge a child on their school ( my DH went to one of the worst high schools in the area but has very hard working, self employed parents )
    They wouldn't pick this particular school. It's way too demanding on parent input for any of 'those' parents to send their kids there.

There are much better ranked, posher, private schools locally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I totally get some people saying that they wouldn't want their kids hanging out with particular types of people. I would guess that we all feel that way to a certain degree. But this mother saying that she wouldn't let her kids hang out with kids who wear pink leggings? A bit over the top I think. And she assumes people are below her and her children because of their names? What is that all about?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh dear, pink leggings are not ok, but having sex in a field when you are married with a married man is totally fine. Hmm, think she needs to get her priorities straight. Maybe she has some mental issues, she seems very attention seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpz View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_Hopkins

She's no better than anyone else....

Her best goal would be to ensure her daughters don't end up like her O_o

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (22-02-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (22-02-2013),VanityFey  (22-02-2013),~ElectricPink~  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Are "India" "Poppy" an "Max" "good old Victorian names"?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToonZie For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-02-2013),Boobycino  (22-02-2013)