+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ahhhh British upper class... You can't help but laugh at them.
    Occasionally they have to breed with a common person so the kids don't end up with 2 heads.
    Poor women is only doing what she thinks is right.
    Unfortunately she is bringing up another generation on people who will look down on others instead of lending a helping hand.
    And we wonder why the world is so screwed up.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (21-02-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnybambino View Post
    She is disliked by most people in the UK and has exhibited some very 'unclassy' behavior.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...L-regrets.html

I hardly think she should be one to judge!
    ....she is vulgar.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

mama and her little bearxxx  (21-02-2013),~ElectricPink~  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There are mums like this one - the one from the article - at my kids school. They request to see test results and last year asked the teacher to tell them if they saw kids scratching their heads as that meant the kid had lice and they didn't want their children 'to get it.' They even had a few who would watch what car the parents drove as an indication of wealth. I found it so pathetic and disgusting.

What I want for my kid is to make sure she learns in class. So if she's sitting next to a friend and all they do is chat, move them apart, yes. If I find out there is a kid in the playground bullying my kid, I'll say 'hey, how about you don't play with John today if he's going to be silly.'

There's a degree I understand but what she's doing is ridiculous. Those poor kids.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (21-02-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang on.... so the first article said her girls go to state school, the second article said that her divorce settlement included that the girls' education be paid for...Is she pocketing that money?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 'I won't let my children play with friends that I deem beneath them... '

What a knob.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RobinSparkles For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnybambino View Post
    She is disliked by most people in the UK and has exhibited some very 'unclassy' behavior.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...L-regrets.html

I hardly think she should be one to judge!
    Ohh dear... Lol.
    This woman is off her rocker.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG that's a bit over the top!
    What a shallow person she is.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hah, I consider one of the pluses of my kids attending their school (private/alternative) that their peers come from homes where their parents really care about their kids schooling, enough to work very hard to get them into the school.

But I'm not quite as extreme as her, nor do I look androgynous in an unattractive way .

Reading the second article after the first, I'm really amused.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 'I won't let my children play with friends that I deem beneath them... '

Lol she 'prefers children with good old fashioned Victorian names...' Not sure how many Victorians were called India..? To be perfectly honest I'm not sure I would want MY children associating with people like her. I think values are important and respecting differences etc not sure she understands those things!

I just think it would be hilarious if she befriends the 'naughty' child because she's heard they filled up gold stars and didn't realise it was a behaviour chart. Also, how does she know that 'peters' parents aren't Nobel prize winners (very intelligent and brilliant people are often stereotyped as being a bit forgetful and scatty)

Attention seeking Snob. Plus it's the daily mail so what do you expect!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry, havent read replies but my thoughts? I kinda have to agree with her... Not really the social standing side, but I wont like it if my children started hanging out with horrible children who dont 'want' to be at school and be educated. It will drag my kids down with them most likely, falling to peer pressure and trying to impress someone 'cool'. I would much rather my kids hang out with nerds, kids that want to learn and exel in school.

I do hope though that my children will be like me and not fall for peer pressure, I want them to be their own person. If they are lik that, then I would have no problem with who they are involved in. If they hung out with people who smoke, do drugs etc. As long as they know they dont have to do it (and they better bloody not do it lol) and as long as they know when to step away and when enough is enough.

In school, I had a lot of people (I wouldnt use the word friend) that I hung out with in all different circles. I was still myself, I didnt become the snob of school, or the overly nerdy person or the ones that smoked on the oval. I was just me and I liked hanging out with different people.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleigh For This Useful Post:

VanityFey  (22-02-2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast