+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
    Has impeccably high standards...

Lets children wear shoes on furniture.
    I'd never let my son be friends with kids whose parents let them wear shoes on the sofa. *flicks hair*

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (21-02-2013),GlitterFarts  (21-02-2013),Guest654  (21-02-2013),Raising Leprechauns  (22-02-2013),VanityFey  (22-02-2013),~ElectricPink~  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Eek! What a horribly judgemental person! I understand discouraging dangerous friendships (as pp have stated). But declining a party invite because of the venue and invite??

One day this mother will come to the realisation that her children are most probably average...I just hope it's before she poisons their minds

4. The Following User Says Thank You to darla87 For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wonder what would happen if a Victoria or Henry were late for school?...her small mind would probably explode

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to darla87 For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (22-02-2013),Mod-Degrassi  (21-02-2013),SugarSkull  (21-02-2013),ToonZie  (22-02-2013),~ElectricPink~  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Has impeccably high standards...

lets children put dirty shoes all over couch.

Her children are likely to miss out on some wonderful friendships because of their mothers superficial judgements.

One of the cool things about friendship is making a geniune connection with another person. Instead, these kids will have their friends chosen for them. It's a little sad.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Meh. I avoid DS playing with children who I think are a bad influence. There was one child who behaved in a way that I felt was disgustingly bad behaviour towards adults who a lot of other people would probably brush of as 'just being a kid'.
    But DS doesn't see that child anymore because he started exhibiting some of those behaviours himself and no matter how many times I tried to discourage it, he kept doing it. That might be fine for their family and their (lack of) discipline style, but I refuse to tolerate it in my own child.
    If I'm fair I absolutely hated being spoken to and treated with such disrespect by that child myself so we probably would have stayed away anyway lmao.

So I guess it's a milder version of what that woman does. I don't exactly hunt out 'good' influence children for DS but I certainly try to avoid bad influence ones!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 'I won't let my children play with friends that I deem beneath them... '

Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    I am probably kind of like that. We moved to a good area in the hope our children will grow up with like minded people. We are both academic high achievers, it isn't so bad that we want the same for our children, if that is what they desire.

I don't think I will 'chose' my children's friends, however it is hard to say considering my eldest is 3 But, I have been known to spend more time with friends that have nice children that I like (eg one of my friends has a 3 yr old and she has such foul language and bad manners - I purposely don't see her often as I don't want it to rub off on my 3 yr old).

It is hard to explain what I am trying to say, I can see where the Mum in the article is coming from, and I think she has been made to look like a bit of a snob the way it is written, but I have no problem with it.
    I agree with you

I think as parents we need to surround our children with positive role models and positive peer groups.

That's why I shop around for playgroups. Found a perfect one today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    So I guess it's a milder version of what that woman does. I don't exactly hunt out 'good' influence children for DS but I certainly try to avoid bad influence ones!
    I think that's pretty normal. The woman in the article is taking it to another level.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 'I won't let my children play with friends that I deem beneath them... '

She might run into some trouble if other mothers adopt her attitude and decide her children are not the best to be around.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashram For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashram View Post
    She might run into some trouble if other mothers adopt her attitude and decide her children are not the best to be around.
    With names like India and Poppy, they've got to be bad news!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argh what a small-minded woman. Her children will grow up with such a superficial view of the world.

And I'm going to contradict my self by saying this: Her two daughters don't really have those upper class, stereotypical pretty looks .... Maybe she recognises this and is trying to push them into the right crowds and make them excel in their school work so they aren't perceived as "ordinary" ?

That's just my take on what may be going through her head.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heids89 For This Useful Post:

mama and her little bearxxx  (21-02-2013),SugarSkull  (21-02-2013)