+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Tell me about your first love.

I honestly think my lovely lady is my first love. I absolutely cannot believe how in love I am. So many people have thought we have rushed into everything but it felt so right for us.
    We met about 10 days after I split with someone I hadn't been with for very long. We move in together 'officially' 2 months later when she finished her uni course (unofficially we had pretty much lived together since we met lol) and we engaged 3 months after getting together. We got married just after 9 months together :-) we have been TTC since November last year

I have dated a few people and I know I never really loved them. I thought I did at the time but looking back, I know I didn't. I try not to think about most people I dated as there were a couple who were quite abusive and it makes me sad I put up with it for so long :-( another person I dated is now my best friend and she is staying with us for a while lol

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews

My dp was my first love. We met through a friend of mine who was in his year at high school. I was 14 and he was 16. He's absolutely gorgeous and even though we're so different, we just clicked. We've battled through a lot of obstacles and I can see us being one of those cute old people couples.
    We don't really have the title of couple now but we are one iykwim, the title just makes us fight and unhappy which I don't understand.. Probably the pressure of it or something. Even he said its destiny that we're still together and still so close.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Like some others I married my first love. I'd been in serious relationships before but always knew something was missing, guess that's why I'd always leave eventually....

With DH, I just couldn't comprehend life without him in it. For the first time in my life the thought of getting married not only didn't freak me out but actually appealed to me.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Tell me about your first love.

My first love was 14, same as me. He was my first kiss, first fondle, first guy who had ever paid me attention. We met at a Spiderbait gig, he gave me a sticker for an underground zine. We wore cargo pants, docs, band tshirts. I had rainbow knee-high socks and purple bits in my hair. He loved metal, I loved grunge, but we met in the middle with a mutual love of fugazi and frenzal. He used to ring me and play guitar over the phone, which I thought was the epitome of romance. We communicated via love letters sent through mutual friends. He went to the boys school, I the girls.

When he dumped me my heart was broken, and I wrote lengthy journal entries detailing my dispair. My art work for that year was two folorn grunge figures, standing apart with the lyrics to NIN "Something I Can Never Have" between them. I wrote bad poetry and depressing songs.

He got another girlfriend, then another. I found out the song he wrote "just for me" was the same song he played all the girls. His acne seemed to get worse, as did the droop in his left eye.....

I was over him. Punk boys who liked Guttermouth were suddenly more my style.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I first met him when I did a talk at a local school, I was fresh out of high school n he was still there. He interacted with me a lot then took me to lunch after....
    Fast forward 10ish years n me n my bestie planned a night full of Xmas drinks n catchin up with her brother n then she mentioned she had to go pick up her cousin with strict orders I was not to get with him...her cousin walked to the car n it was HIM!!! I said, im totally hittin that tonight haha. Needless to say we hooked up that night much to the besties dismay LOL!
    This man is totally my equal in every way, we share the same humour, interests, he's a true gentleman n I wished he was mine but it wasn't to be...we lived a number of hours away from each other n so it kind of just drifted and then I found my cutie patootie second love who makes me feel so we could never truly be....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh was my first 'love' But I do often think about my boyfriend before him. Its been 17 years since I was with him and we never slpet together, but it's wierd because we were good friends for many years since I was young.

I think it's that fantasy of how my life could of been different? I tend to think about this guy when I'm unhappy, it's silly really because I never really loved him or even liked him, dh is the love of my life. I figure it's me and not about him at all if that makes sense.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Tell me about your first love.

My first love was a guy I crushed on all through highschool. He knew I loved him, but was just a great friend. We almost hooked up once at a party in year 12. I still wonder what would have happened if we had hooked up. We're still in touch, but live in different states. When I saw him at our 10 year highschool reunion, I still sensed that old spark, but I had already been with my (now) DH for nearly 10 years (we met in 1st year uni) & knew he was "the one". We've now been together 16.5 years. I still occasionally dream about my first love, as we were back in highschool. Sometimes we hold hands or kiss. I like those dreams, because I'll always love him - just not in the same way I love DH. I've also loved other guys since (but never acted on this love) & dream about them too. I think it is possible to have room in your heart for more than one love & still be totally committed & in love with the one you're with.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first love..... like you I think of him often. And wonder "what if". Mine was an adult relationship - in our 20's and we lived together for a number of years. I was devestated when we broke up. But life goes on.

Thanks
    Reviews

I was 16 and we were both virgins so lost our virginity to one another. His family were so loving towards me and I always thought they would make great in laws. We were on and off for over 4 years as we grew up but then I moved 2 hours away and he didn't want to move to. That was how it ended, we had a fight and haven't spoken since. I have found out he is now engaged to someone else and that stung a little. I always wonder what if.

I love my DH and DS and wouldn't change things for the world. But this guy will always be my first love and never forgotten.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm not sure I've ever had a first love. I loved my exH in a brotherly/best friend type way ... But not in a conventional kind of love way. I've also experienced lust - but I'm yet to love.