+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I thought my first love was a guy I was with on and off from about 18-20. At the time I was convinced it was love but he was just a massive jerk. He was super controlling and just bad news. I was heartbroken when it ended.

I then met my now DH and realised this is what love it. He's the most amazing guy in the world and it literally was love at first sight. Lots of people used to say to me "you'll know when it's love" and they were right!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I dated heaps of guys through high school - I didn't know how to commit, and the longest I went out with one was 6 months. I told pretty much all of them that I loved them ... but of course I didn't. I don't believe many (if any) of them loved me either.

I had one other serious relationship before DH, who I dated for about a year, but I'm pretty sure I didn't love him either.

The only other guy I think I was actually in love with (aside from DH), was a guy I dated briefly when I was 18. I met him randomly (at the pub, I think - classy!), and he was just different to other guys I'd known. We would see each other out basically every weekend, but nothing really happened.

He asked me to hang out with him a few times, but I was usually super busy, so I always made an excuse.

Then, he found out where I worked as a waitress on weekends, and came in one Saturday. He tried to talk to me, but I was uber embarrassed by this public display, so told him I couldn't talk because I was working. Well, he sat down at a table and ordered pot after pot of tea, and waited the entire day (6.5 hours in total) until my shift finished so I would have no excuse but to talk to him

What could I do? I agreed to go with him to his house and spend the afternoon (which turned into the night, and then the entire next day). It was the funnest date I've ever had in my life. We went 4WDing on his property, had a funny but sweet dinner he prepared, and watched a movie. The next day we rowed about on a river that ran through his property in a little kayak thing he had and chatted. The weather was perfect, the scene was perfect, and the company was perfect. It was seriously like being in a rom com.

We never officially dated, but we would always find ourselves together, and we had so much fun together. I fell pretty hard for him, and was devastated when I found out he was dating someone else

I haven't thought about him in years, but I reckon that was the closest thing to love I experienced before meeting DH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tell me about your first love.

My husband is my first love. We met at the pub when we were both blind drunk and my friends tried to keep us apart because of the reputation a mutual friend of ours had (the whole, if he is friends with him then he must be like him too). 10 years later and we are still happy and in love.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Tell me about your first love.

I was 17 and he was my first real adult relationship. He was the first guy to really care, he would take me for weekends away, buy me something if I even glanced at it, bought a block of land for us to build our family home down the track. He would always include me in social things and would make me feel like he was the luckiest guy in a room of a hundred people, when really I was the luckiest girl!

I moved away with my parents, but was going to move back after we started building the house and I was 18. He would surprise me and fly up regularly, but I think I missed him so much when we were apart that I made myself fall out of love with him and we distanced ourselves.

A year later, just before I met DH, he called me out of the blue. By this time I was settled where I lived and he told me that he wanted to buy a house here so we could give it another shot without the distance between us. My heart was racing and I was stoked but something stopped me. I think that I didn't believe it could be so good again.

I saw him once when I was pregnant and he tried to talk to me but I could tell he was so heartbroken. I do wonder sometimes what life would be like with him now, I wonder if he thinks about me? He's not had another dp in the 4 years since we split.

The love with my DH is so different, I can't explain it, but it's beautiful and I truly loved him before we became more than friends and he felt the same way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My ex was an a$$. I started dating him when I was 15 and I thought I was sooo "in love with him". Since meeting dp i know i'm not. He would buy me anything I wanted but i'd have to ask permission kind of thing? He made me isolated from my friends etc I ended up getting depressed and gaining a lot of weight! I moved away with him (8 hours from home) and HATED it. He was all about the money in the mines where as I would rather be happy I wanted to goto uni and he told me I couldn't. That was enough to make me leave!

He is now with one of my best friends friends! They have just had there first child together. People are always talking about him or us its gross! I feel for DP when we go out for dinner. But he understands.. Ohhh and my mum rents his house

Thanks
    Reviews

I waited for the so called man of my dreams for....8 years.
    8 very long years of on and off cheating on other partners to be with him. He'd get a girlfriend then make promises to be with me. I always held out hope that things would work out between us I waited, yearned, pined for him. It was ridiculously unhealthy.
    Until I met my current DP who is literally the man of my dreams we are expecting our first bub together. I knew right for the first conversation I wanted to be with him and he would be 'it' , 'the one'.
    I still think about the other man and have dreams about Him. But it's more me dreaming about back then ( I'm still really young in my dreams) none with me and him in recent times though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I loved my first love much longer than I was 'in love' with him. We were 14/15 and it lasted less than a year. But we were good friends for many many years afterwards. I think I still have love for him now, as we played really big parts in each others lives as we found our feet into adulthood. I really miss his friendship - we just grew apart.

My first 'grown up' love began when I was 16. We were together 2 years, lived together etc etc. we were much, much too young for the life we were living/emotions we were feeling. Looking back it was really toxic. I adored him, he adored cheating on me. I was insanely jealous and suspicious, and hated him going anywhere without me. He grew to resent me and we had a really, really ugly break up. He moved towns and I barely saw or heard from him for a year. After that we found ourselves in a sort-of friendship and would sometimes hook up, there was no love there anymore we were just filling a void. I think of him occasionally, but we're both married now.

The love I have for my hubby has grown and changed with time. We've been through a lot together, had a baby etc etc. I'm not sure the loves I've had in the past could have withstood what DH and I have.

Thanks
    Reviews

My husband is my first love. He was also my first boyfriend. We met when I was 18 and he was 25. It all just magically fell together in the most perfect way. He made me fell like the most important person in the world. He still does. In November this year we will have been together for 10 years. The day we met still feels like yesterday.

And yes, I still dream about my first love.

Sent from my umbrella

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for sharing

mummybynature is offline Loving every moment of motherhood <3
    Thanks
    Reviews

I was 17 and he was 19. We dated for just over a year but it was very intense. We broke up because of his mother, she made it so hard for us to be together.

I still think about him often. I will always care about him and he will have a place in my heart. It would be interesting to see how it all would have turned out in different circumstances but it wasn't meant to be.

I love my DP and the life we have together, it is a very different type of love - more grown up love

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mummybynature For This Useful Post:

meljemillie  (21-02-2013)