+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My first supposed love was when I was 16 and I thought the sun shon out of him bottom! He was amazing with me and I was so in love. Or so I thought! We were together for 4 years and towards the end I was so over it, I ended up finding someone else.

Fast forward 16 years later and countless broken hearts, one broken marriage and two broken enagagements, I can honestly say without a doubt that my husband is my first and only love. With him I have learned the true meaning of love and what it means to truly love someone for better or worse. All those times I thought I was in love but it was lust. When the chemicals wore off, I was out of there like a bat out of hell.

In two and a half years my DH and I have been through some hellish times and many times I wanted to leave but something made me stay. I'm sooooo glad I did! When the clouds cleared and the sky shone blue again, I was able to see that this is the man I was meant to be with
    Last edited by FirstTimeMummy2012; 21-02-2013 at 11:01.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tell me about your first love.

Quote Originally Posted by tootiredtosleep View Post
    My first love makes me feel sick now too. He treated me so badly, I can't believe I put up with him. I can only say I was totally blinded by "love".

I've since learnt that wasn't real love. At least he showed me everything I didn't want in a partner and has made me appreciate DH so much more.
    THIS. I'm now with a man that is nothing like my first boyfriend (can't say it was my first love because I was only 16 and I see now that it really wasnt love) but I completely agree that I knew exactly what I wanted from a man after him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Tell me about your first love.

Oh:-):-)the memories.
    My first love and I met on holidays when I was 13 and he was 15.for the first 2 years we only saw each other at Christmas but we spoke on the phone all the time.once he was old enough to drive though it was a different story.we saw each other every 2nd weekend(lived 3 hours away from each other) and we absolutely adored each other.I never ever thought id love someone as much as I loved him and in a way its true.we ended up just drifting apart the distance started to be a problem our jobs our lives kinda got in the way and it just kinda ended when I was 17.fast forward a few years and we got in contact again and pretty much picked up where we left off- it was as intense as always we couldn't keep our hands off each other,it was like we had never been apart. but it lasted like 2 months.we had both came out of relationships and sadly think we used each other as rebounds.which sucks.because I honestly think we have such a connection but we went about it all wrong.I still think about him all the time and wonder what may have been if we had just waited until we were both over our ex's before we started seeing each other again.
    But such is life.he has a new partner and a little boy.I have 3 girls and am happy with my Dp.the love I feel for him is different its a more mature love.but I will always care for my first love.he will always be the guy who taught me how to love and how it felt to be truly loved:-)

Sent from my GT-S5570 using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to meljemillie For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never really been in "love" but my first boyfriend was the possessive, jealous, abusive type. 15 years on and I still shudder thinking of the time I was with him. Having him in a dream now would make it a nightmare!! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Tell me about your first love.

Op I always dream about my first "love" I was only 15 and so crazy about him. It was a horrible relationship but I thought I'd be with him forever. Looking back now I was so naive and stupid and I don't think it was really love just young lust maybe. I dream about him at least once a week and I'm always still in homeschool dating him even though I def have no feelings for him now. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I think maybe because he played a big part in my life and learning about love etc.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first 'love' was from 14 to almost 18. I thought he was the best thing to ever walk to planet. He was extremely good looking and the guy that every girl wanted but I had. Well turns out he had all of them as well but I never found out. We would fight all the time and he always made it seem like it was my fault and I believed him. We broke up and got back together all the time. My friends grew to hate him as did my father. My mother felt sorry for him. He did come from an awful family who couldn't have cared less about him. Once we broke up for good I barely ever saw him again. He has since become a huge drug addict, has 3 kids to different people and has lost all custody rights to all of them due to violence and drugs. I have heard he has come off drugs and is trying to get his life together. I really hope things get better for him. At the time I thought it was love but it so wasn't.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tell me about your first love.

I married mine we have been together since we were 14 years old. We have been together for 15 years... Married for 7

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsboyts For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My TRUE love is my current fiance. While he wasn't technically my first love he will be my last love.

He has shown me what true love is and I have for him. We are inseperatable and always have each others back through thick and thin.

We have gone through some very difficult times but never once have we considered breaking up and throwing away everything we have.

He is my soul mate and (corny I know) I knew from the very first time we met.

I can truly be myself with this man and he doesn't judge me or belittles me he holds me up even when I feel like giving up.

I cannot wait to marry him and raise our family together.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    He did Freestyle motocross, I was smitten. Ohhhh how I adored him...and thinking back makes me smile. He was 6ft2 with gorgeous blue eyes and short blonde hair. He wore motocross pants most of the time (which I loooooved and thought was sexy as anything) and had a beautiful smile and laugh. He made me giddy and was always hugging me in that protective way...not possessive, protective. He had this bad a$$ attitude (typical c0cky motocross rider attitude) but he was soo loving and caring towards me all the time, so I had the best of both worlds. He was my first and I dont regret it in the slightest.

I found him a while ago on Facebook and think I may had dodged a bullet because he appears to live a life I wouldnt have enjoyed....but he was definitely my first love.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 15 and he was 17, we dated for 2.5yrs. He loved cars and I loved that he had a license, we loved cruising around in his hot v8 Xb coupe. His parents were lovely and they adored me. He was gorgeous looking, beautiful olive skin. I loved him to bits. Then he did the dirty on me but didn't tell me, it was his friend who did so that was that, all over red rover. I was buttered and It took me a long time to get over him.

Anyway as it turned out he ended up marrying a friend who used to be a good friend of mine long before I met him. I have recently come into contact with her on facebook. They had 2 kids together and got divorced. He has had unsuccessful relationships since. I bumped into him a year ago and he is the most unattractive fat blimp. Ewwww hah hah hah