+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Tell me about your first love.

MY first love was all through school and gosh when I think back the love I thought I felt was so intense. We were "that" couple at school that everyone bet would be one of those rare couples that got married and lasted forever. Behind closed doors it was a little different. I spent most of these years in tears as he wasn't the best catch but oh so good looking. When we finally left school he said he still wanted me in the picture but not as his "girlfriend" as he didn't like the title. I thought stuff this and I moved on. He still continued to call me and try and see me but still didn't want to commit. Fast forward years later I ended up getting married(first marriage) and he then instantly hated me and never spoke to me again.

I wanted to be with this guy forever and could never let him go until I met my current DH. BUT HE STILL HAUNTS ME. I dream about him all the time, something might remind me of him, often, or someone will bring him up, OFTEN.
    I just want to forget this guy and I in NO WAY still have feelings for him. When I look back I think gosh I was a little to in love and a little to naive, but that's life isn't it you learn.

Last night AGAIN I have intense non sexual dreams again so I ask DH this morning whether he dreams about his first love and his reply was "you are my first love". HE has been with ALOT of women and not one was his first love???
    AM I the only one with a first love? (I do wish he would stop haunting me)
    Tell me about yours?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Double post
    Last edited by JR03; 21-02-2013 at 09:41.

Thanks
    Reviews

I think my husband is my first love... But then I can't really remember how I felt about the boyfriend i had before my husband, I was 15 and we were together for about 5 months, I think I thought I loved him but in hindsight I don't think I did. I think I just liked him coz he was a drummer in a band and had his lip pierced lol!

I still think about my ex occasionally, I don't dream about him but I wonder what he's up to, last time I heard anything about him he'd become very Christian but then got over that and became a pot head and got a Ralph Wiggum tattoo on his leg... Real catch haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My first love was when I was 15 in high school and it was intense! I genuinely thought we would be together forever (naive or what? Haha) we were together for about 1.5 years (through all of year 10 broke up at the end of year 11 because he wanted to "experience new things" a.k.a hook up with other girls)
    A couple of months after we broke up we had a couple more times together and I thought we would get back together but it was young and ended messily and he was my best friend at the time and helped love me through a very hard time with my father and I'll never forget the love and support his own father gave me.

I often still have intense dreams about him, often it is him and DP merged into the same person because I guess I have a "type" and they have very similar personalities - but it's nothing more than that and I definitely do not still contain feelings (except for maybe nostalgia because I guess there's nothing quite like your first love)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My first love makes me feel sick now too. He treated me so badly, I can't believe I put up with him. I can only say I was totally blinded by "love".

I've since learnt that wasn't real love. At least he showed me everything I didn't want in a partner and has made me appreciate DH so much more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Mine did until I looked him up on Facebook years later (15 years or so). He is Italian (we met in London) and I had tried to find him before, and he said he'd tried to find me also (me in aus, him in Italy). It was lovely to talk to him and he is a nice guy but talking to him finally kind of exorcised my fantasy about the whole thing.... We are both different people whose lives turned out very differently than how they would have if we'd stayed together. I dunno it made me 'what if' angst dissolve.

Thanks
    Reviews

Loco I completely understand what you are saying. I dream about my first love often. Not sexual, but he's just there. It drives me insane, I want him gone!

He and I were on again off again through high school. He consumed my every thought. It was crazy. Despite knowing the relationship wasn't particularly healthy I just kept going back for more. It finally all ended when we were 18. I was utterly bereft, but knew it was best if I never laid eyes on him again. I worked hard to avoid him. Saw him once when we were about 20. Haven't seem him since (I'll be 36 this year).

Met DH when I was 21 and learned what real love is. He is my soul mate and we are so happy.

Why I still dream about this other guy is a mystery to me. I have no interest in him and what he's up to. It's so frustrating!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, I have the same experience of dreaming about my "first love" (technically my second but he was the love of my life). We were together for a couple of years from when I was about 17, I genuinely believed there was something supernatural (sent from heaven) about him. I had a crush on him when I was 13 and didn't know he was the same person until after we started dating. I missed him everyday after we broke up for about 4 years, was very very depressed about it, and it took me around 8 years to really get over him. 10 years on and I still think about him at least once a week, and have dreams where he FINALLY comes back to me, and it will upset me for a day because I miss the love we felt for eachother, and I'm saddened remembering how upset I was when we broke up. But... I really don't love him anymore, I have no idea why I still dream about him. I saw him a few years ago and he was just this boring professional, no spark whatsoever, but I'm still in love with who he was when he was 17. But that person doesn't exist anymore. I feel like I used up all my love on him, and I'll never be able to feel that way about anyone else (I'm married but we're not "in love"). I think relationships are so much more intense when you're young.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I married my first love, so I'm afraid I'm not much use to you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hmm my first love...we were in year 10 at high school so were 15 years old. We were together for about 2 years. I thought at the time that I really loved him and we would be together forever. We broke up after he went to a party and kissed another guy. He dumped me via text just before the HSC started. It later came out that he preferred guys. embarrassing much??!

What I feel for my DH is completely different to the *love* I felt when I was a teenager.