+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sleeping on her tummy?

DD is 4 months old and can roll back to front. Tonight she whinged while sleeping so I went to check on her, she's rolled over on her tummy and obviously couldn't breath properly because she's still trying to get the hang of tummy time and neck control.
    I am worried a this could increase the risk of SIDS. What can I do?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I spoke to my GP about this when my DD started doing it.

She said if she's strong enough to roll over, then it's ok for her to sleep on her tummy as her neck muscles are strong enough to move her head to the side so she can breathe. Of course, if she's whinging about it, she obviously is sick of being on her tummy and wants you to flip her back - we had to do this about 5 times a night for 3 weeks until DD worked out how to turn front to back as well.

Now at 6 months, as soon as I put her down to sleep she rolls onto her tummy and stays like that until morning.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gizmo For This Useful Post:

tubster  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sleeping on her tummy?

Omg I'm having the exact same problem with DS 4 months! His angelcare movement monitor went off one night and we rushed in, he was flat on his face! I have been told the same thing as PP, if they can roll over their neck muscles are strong enough that they won't suffocate. I still check on him every time I walk past his room though! I think it will be better once they can easily roll onto their back again, which at the moment DS struggles with, so hopefully it's not too far off!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpicyTurtle For This Useful Post:

tubster  (21-02-2013)