+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hot oven door help

DS is fascinated by the oven and the door gets quite hot. Now he can walk I am worried he will burn himself as my repeated "no - hot" and moving him away is yet to work. There used to be an Australian oven door guard called Lee Beau that does not seem to be made anymore. Perspex or metal guards on overseas sites get mixed reviews. Does anyone have one they are happy with?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ours gets hot but not too burny if its a quick touch, which reflexes usually ensure it is. I remember telling my son over and over not to touch, moving him away etc, one day I got sick of it, he touched it, and has stayed away from it ever since

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

Mopeg  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    They learn pretty darn quick if they touch it! Both mine learned by a little touch after I'd said "Ouch, hot!" and warned them. I stood right there to make sure they didn't plant their whole hand on it, but after a quick touch and realising that it hurt, they knew not to touch it if it was on. Neither have EVER touched it again after that first lesson. They're not stupid, if it hurts they won't do it again.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (21-02-2013),dancingchipmunk  (20-02-2013),Mopeg  (21-02-2013),tormyxxx  (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Hot oven door help

We had the same worries but it was with our old fire place (well it was one of those old drum looking ones, hope that makes sense)

Ds1 was able to walk and of course was very curious. We would repeatedly say 'hot! Ouch! No touch!' But guess what? He touched it. He was 14 months or so at the time and it was the first and last time he ever touched something we said not to as it was hot.

My point been, I understand your concern but sometimes I think they have to find out for themselves.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

Mopeg  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our dd loves to go to the oven, open it put toys in it etc.

In our house touching the oven is a cageable offence. When ever we catch her at the oven we move her to her cage (playpen).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkdolly View Post
    Our dd loves to go to the oven, open it put toys in it etc.

In our house touching the oven is a cageable offence. When ever we catch her at the oven we move her to her cage (playpen).
    A cageable offence? Is this for real?!?