+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBee View Post
    I recently got a call from 'Microsoft' claiming my computer had a virus. I led them down a merry path of BS, telling them I used Apple, that I didn't have a computer, wasn't connected to the Internet, asked them how they knew I had a virus, accused them of hacking me, accused them of planting the virus on my computer & all with general conversation - how's the weather, what do you think of this show I just made up, been anywhere interesting lately? After that got boring, I told them I'd just grab my wallet & get my credit card, which oh no, my husband accidentally took to work with him! Since we'd built such a rapport (I'm sure it had nothing to so with being convinced I was about to give my details!) they asked when he'd be home. "No idea, they do such weird hours investigating credit card fraud."

All I heard after that was the dial tone & they haven't called since!
    Snap! We should totally tag-team the next time they call one of us. I reckon we could keep them going for a good couple of hours!

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default how to report harrassing phone calls

I've tried stalling the "Microsoft" ones, but I always end up losing it and yelling at them

Something that's annoying the bejesus out of me lately is people calling for a man who used to have our number. Since we first got the number nearly two years ago we've had a few calls, but in the past couple of weeks it's gone crazy! I asked one of them about it and they said he was a supporter of their charity... he must have made it onto a list somewhere and we're the lucky beneficiaries. And because they're charities there are no grounds to report them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Chew.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Chew.
    Bacca?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Bacca?
    LMAO, I have no idea how that happened. I'm waiting in line at bunnings and got phone out and I saw what I had written????

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    Snap! We should totally tag-team the next time they call one of us. I reckon we could keep them going for a good couple of hours!
    Oh god yes! As long as we don't forget to put the kids on the phone as well..... *evil grin*

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    The DNC list only works for people calling from Australia. If they're scammers from India etc. then it doesn't matter how many times you've registered for the list they'll still call.

I just have fun with them. 'Microsoft' calls every now and then (scammers) and I get into a discussion with them about how I "don't own a computer, because don't you know that people can hack into your brain with those things and make you kill people?!".
    Then I go on to tell them that I have an Apple Mac, but that doesn't count because it's fruit and not a computer and EVERYONE knows that fruit is good for you.

Basically I continue on with a ****** of dribble getting more and more outrageous as possible. I wait for them to get one word into answering a question and then cut them off like a crackhead in full swing. It's actually pretty entertaining to see how long you can keep them on the call for.

PP is right. Ain't nobody got time for dat. So in those cases I make the time. We all gotta get our laughs somewhere.
    This is hilarious. I'm not the best at making stuff up on the spot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

MIL used to answer an then ask if they could 'just hold on a sec'

Then she would leave the phone on the counter and continue making dinner. Hahaha

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: how to report harrassing phone calls

I can't remember exactly who it was, but there's an Australian musician who had recorded all of his conversations with "Microsoft" and loaded them onto the net. It's really funny to listen to.

**toddles off to go find it**