+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default how to report harrassing phone calls

Oh my I've had huge issues lately!

I keep getting these people calling regarding a taxation benefit and they drive me nuts. I don't know how many times I have to say no and please take me off their register! Grrr!!!

Thank you for reminding me about the DNCR! I'd forgotten about it since we got a new phone number!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

They will ask to speak to someone in the house just say hold please put the pho e down and do what you were doing! The most persistent o e stayed on the pho e for 45 minutes but I don't get those calls anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews

I've had Make a wish foundation and amnesty international fully stalk me and call me up to 7 times a day, even on a Sunday. I have to eventually answer them to stop them. I give in a lot though. But I've been donating so much lately I've had to say no it's so hard to say no to make a wish and SIDS for kids ect

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews

I stopped answering my phone. We have voicemail so if its someone we know they leave a message and I call them back. Or they call my mobile. The number of times my phone rings each day has dropped from about 5 hang ups a day to bearly one. I think they are getting the point.

Thanks
    Reviews

The other one I have done I got a call from "Microsoft" I gave the phone to my 2YO they never call back for some reason lol

Thanks
    Reviews

My husband rang Telstra ( our provider) and complained about the phone calls we were getting. And I think don't quote me but he said they barred that number from calling us. Anyways the calls stopped straight away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep my Dad does the whole

"can you hang on a minute please" and puts the phone down on the bench without hanging up. Then goes back to whatever he was doing.

kills their call times so they stopped ringing.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: how to report harrassing phone calls

Record the lady on you tube saying "ain't nobody got time for dat" over and over and have it ready to play when you get one of those annoying calls.

Sent from my umbrella

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePancakeDrawer For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (21-02-2013),ToonZie  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I've told charities that I would love to donate to their cause, but I'm 2 days out from payday & broke and that due to being scammed in the past, I will ring & donate when my pay clears as I have no way to verify who they are. Or that I don't have a credit card.

I recently got a call from 'Microsoft' claiming my computer had a virus. I led them down a merry path of BS, telling them I used Apple, that I didn't have a computer, wasn't connected to the Internet, asked them how they knew I had a virus, accused them of hacking me, accused them of planting the virus on my computer & all with general conversation - how's the weather, what do you think of this show I just made up, been anywhere interesting lately? After that got boring, I told them I'd just grab my wallet & get my credit card, which oh no, my husband accidentally took to work with him! Since we'd built such a rapport (I'm sure it had nothing to so with being convinced I was about to give my details!) they asked when he'd be home. "No idea, they do such weird hours investigating credit card fraud."

All I heard after that was the dial tone & they haven't called since!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChickyBee For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (21-02-2013),Disbride  (21-02-2013)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The DNC list only works for people calling from Australia. If they're scammers from India etc. then it doesn't matter how many times you've registered for the list they'll still call.

I just have fun with them. 'Microsoft' calls every now and then (scammers) and I get into a discussion with them about how I "don't own a computer, because don't you know that people can hack into your brain with those things and make you kill people?!".
    Then I go on to tell them that I have an Apple Mac, but that doesn't count because it's fruit and not a computer and EVERYONE knows that fruit is good for you.

Basically I continue on with a ****** of dribble getting more and more outrageous as possible. I wait for them to get one word into answering a question and then cut them off like a crackhead in full swing. It's actually pretty entertaining to see how long you can keep them on the call for.

PP is right. Ain't nobody got time for dat. So in those cases I make the time. We all gotta get our laughs somewhere.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (21-02-2013),dancingchipmunk  (21-02-2013)