+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC for a baby due around Christmas & New Years?

Hi we are currently TTC and if we have no luck this cycle, the next 2 cycles would mean we have a due date around Christmas Day or New Years Eve. What is everyone's thoughts about this? Would it bother you if your child was born around that time? Obviously we would be over the moon if we were pregnant no matter when it was due or ended up being born. But I know quite a few people who have their birthday on Christmas Day, New Years Eve & the week in between & they all hate it! I feel I would be worried my child would miss out on celebrating as much around this time due to their friends having other commitments etc. Of course we would work around it & make it just as special for our baby if we did end up conceiving & it was born around then as I know being able to give birth is a gift in itself. Would any of you purposely not try to conceive the months where it would be likely to be born around Christmas Day or New Years Eve?

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week

Default Re: TTC for a baby due around Christmas & New Years?

We will be in the same situation next cycle if this one is unsuccessful. We will continue TTC anyway. My mum was born christmas eve and absolutely hates christmas because of it. But this was because her parents never put an effort into celebrating her birthday separately. If i had a baby born around christmas i would make sure their birthday was just as good as it would be at any time of year. Even if you have a edd around christmas/new years, there is no way to predict when exactly your baby will be born. My mum was due Jan 14 so they didnt expect a christmas baby!

I want a baby so much, i don't mind at all when its born.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am TTC atm too it would not worry me if its a Christmas baby I would just make sure we have a birthday thing as well as Christmas I have a friend who on the 20th of Dec and they did not put the tree up till after her birthday each yr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

We will be in the same situation if it doesn't work this cycle as well. It would not be ideal if we conceived and our baby was born around Christmas or New Years as everyone I know who's birthday is around then hates it too! Although it wouldn't stop me TTC, I have wanted a baby so long so I wouldn't worry about it & if it does happen to be born around then just work around it when/if it happens

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I will be in the same boat if unsuccessful this cycle.

If we are lucky enough, I think my edd would be very close to xmas. For me, I will take it as a sign of things meant to be. My angel bubba was due 25/12/2010.

For me, a birthday march-may would be also worse as we have 9 close relatives we buy/celebrate for in that time, plus easter, my parents wedging anniversary, 6 extended family members we don't see birthdays, mothers day, and my mil we have nothing to do with.... Its just too full on!
    As it is, my ds' birthday is the day before my niece and uncle share a birthday!

We will continue to ttc, as a pp said, they don't nessicarily come on their edd. I will be trying for a vbac, but also may be successful and end up with a csect again earlier than edd anyway. ds' was meant to be induced at 38+4 in the arvo, but he had other ideas and my waters broke earlyes that morning....

Thanks
    Reviews

my ds was born 20th Dec and its hard. trying to plan a party so close to xmas. buying gifts that will last a whole yr and he gets soooooo much that its hard to remember who gave what and for which occasion. we were ttc but will not continue for a few months to avoid it as it is also tough financially especially now we have 2 children to buy for and will have more in the future. In saying that we already have 2 children, a mortgage and bills to pay and still being young we have time on our hands to put it off for a bit. if time was not on my side i would do it again

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im in my first TWW (finally) for TTC#4. Ive always managed to concieve by the second cycle. If we dont concieve first go and O was to stay the same (more likely to come forward though with vitex and maca root) the next cycle would put the baby due around xmas time. I dont mind but I do for the fact that we go away for 2 weeks every xmas/new years and it would mean I would more likely give birth in a different hospital in a different state as I wouldnt cancel the holiday just coz we are pregnant. The thought of taking a 2 week old- 1 month old is much better then birthing while staying in a camper trailer with all my family and trying to establish things and spending time with the other three kiddies too. It would be great for the fact that my mum and sisters would be down there too but still, it would make it a very crazy holiday LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Not everyone hates being born around christmas. I think it varies on the person. My husband was born on the 23rd December and doesn't mind at all. My baby was due on the 27th of December and was born on the 10th January, so she missed it all!

Thanks
    Reviews

DD3 was born on Christmas Eve and we make sure that she knows its her birthday and make a big fuss out of it. It has been hard to organise parties when everyone are going away or busy doing christmas shopping and family have already started doing combined birthday and Christmas presents.

Thanks
    Reviews

If I don't conceive this cycle, the next one has me due on 28th Dec so def could go either way! I'm excited about that, I love idea of a Xmas/NY baby