+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Can anything we do in the two week wait affect implantation?

I'm wondering if anything we do in the two week wait can affect or compromise implantation/future pregnancy? If we have regular sex or exercise, or even sneeze in the two week wait, is it possible that the egg could be "thrown off course" so to say? I know it sounds silly but something so tiny is attaching itself I wonder if any physical activities we do could affect our chances of implantation, therefore preventing a future pregnancy without realising. For example if we are 5+ days past ovulation and we do alot of strenous exercise, or have regular sex, can any of this even have a slight chance of preventing an egg/sperm from implantation? I hope that doesnt sound silly, i have so many scenarios run through my head when i think of whats happening down there I wonder if even the slightest things could have an affect. What do you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I researched this exact thing when I fell pregnant with my current baby, as I was exercising VERY hardcore at the time and wanted to make sure my heavy exercise wouldn't effect the chances of implantation.

From the research I did, I truly believe that it can indeed effect implantation. There's lots of study going both ways, but in the end, it's better to be safe than sorry. I think keeping your heart rate at a level that is safe for early pregnancy is important from ovulation.

Thanks
    Reviews

Nope they're very amazing little things, and are stronger than you think! if your little embryo was made to implant, it will! nothing you can do in the meantime, besides eat well and drink lots of fresh water! excersize is always good for you. I'm 10 weeks pregnant and still think of this! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im currently going through fertility treatment and they advise a few things such as no overheating (hot baths etc), not to raise my heart beat with exersize and also not to do any stomach crunches/sit ups etc for atleast the first week past ovulation .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jorjarenee View Post
    Nope they're very amazing little things, and are stronger than you think! if your little embryo was made to implant, it will! nothing you can do in the meantime, besides eat well and drink lots of fresh water! excersize is always good for you. I'm 10 weeks pregnant and still think of this! lol
    I absolutely agree with you that exercise is good no matter what, but I do believe you can over-do it. In my opinion, if you wouldn't do it with a baby on board, don't do it while you're waiting for baby to implant. There is definitely a heart rate limit and body temperature limit that is suitable for the first trimester of pregnancy, and if you over-do it, I do believe it will make your body less than optimal for holding onto a viable pregnancy.

In saying this, I was exercising to the EXTREME when I fell pregnant with my now 18 month old daughter, and obviously held on to that pregnancy just fine, but I do think luck also had a lot to do with it. I think it is safer to take it easy. It's only 2 weeks anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    I absolutely agree with you that exercise is good no matter what, but I do believe you can over-do it. In my opinion, if you wouldn't do it with a baby on board, don't do it while you're waiting for baby to implant. There is definitely a heart rate limit and body temperature limit that is suitable for the first trimester of pregnancy, and if you over-do it, I do believe it will make your body less than optimal for holding onto a viable pregnancy.

I agree with above

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post

In saying this, I was exercising to the EXTREME when I fell pregnant with my now 18 month old daughter, and obviously held on to that pregnancy just fine, but I do think luck also had a lot to do with it. I think it is safer to take it easy. It's only 2 weeks anyway
    oh yes of course, I agree! probably should've made myself clearer lol! you are definitely correct!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    we were told by our dr to go home and have sex, because it creates the same environment as when you fall naturally. i also did a lot of visualisations, but i believe if your body is ready it will happen, oh i also wore socks when i had the et, because cold feet make your uterus contract...apparently. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks girls - I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks of these things! What do you think about having sex in the two week wait? Could that somehow affect implantation? I have images of extra sperm getting in the way of the egg when it's about to implant! I think I'm thinking too much about it!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Can anything we do in the two week wait affect implantation?

I've been wondering the same things hummingbird..if I think there is the slightest chance I may have conceived that month i refuse to dtd just in case it could do something to the implantation etc..i know its silly and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't affect anything but I want my #2 so badly and after a previous mc I refuse to take any chances. Love this thread..hopfully the answers here will help put my mind at ease too.. And be good for dp as he may actually get lucky from now on in the tww