+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMum View Post
    Yes, the caravan has electric brakes and have had the electric brake system fitted to the car (which has been upgraded to an Xtrail- LOVE IT! )

BUT! So annoying! Got a quote a few weeks ago for caravan insurance. As I am picking it up tomorrow, I go to pay the commence the policy and begin the insurance. WELL! We are in a listed postcode for new policy embargos due to the bushfires so I can't insure it until that is lifted! ARGH!
    Pity it's not under finance as then they would have to cover it ,how annoying. My mum got a new xtrail last month and I drove it around quite a bit recently ,its a great car and I love all the storage and drink bottle holders just another thought check with your car insurance you might be able to cover it on there , my trailer was covered under mine when we had an accident as it was attached to the car at the time. You might just need to add it to the vehicle insurance as an extra.
    Last edited by lulu 2; 24-10-2013 at 09:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing! We are buying a camper trailer! SOOO excited. Then we are doing the 'big aus' trip. Big pineapple, big koala.... And so forth bahaha!!

I've been looking on gumtree every week. We don't want to spend HEAPS because my dad is nifty and so is df but I want one with everything in it already iykwim? We just did subject to finance on our car so just waiting for that to clear!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu 2 View Post
    Pity it's not under finance as then they would have to cover it ,how annoying. My mum got a new xtrail last month and I drove it around quite a bit recently ,its a great car and I love all the storage and drink bottle holders just another thought check with your car insurance you might be able to cover it on there , my trailer was covered under mine when we had an accident as it was attached to the car at the time. You might just need to add it to the vehicle insurance as an extra.
    It is very nice. And a good middle class car between a sedan and a big 4wd. What camper trailer are you looking at? I loved the Complete Campsite but very exy!

I'm going to store the caravan at my Aunties place until the ban lifts. Hopefully only another week or so until everything calms down (although I see it's flared up again, grr wind- STAY AWAY!!!).

Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Subbing! We are buying a camper trailer! SOOO excited. Then we are doing the 'big aus' trip. Big pineapple, big koala.... And so forth bahaha!!

I've been looking on gumtree every week. We don't want to spend HEAPS because my dad is nifty and so is df but I want one with everything in it already iykwim? We just did subject to finance on our car so just waiting for that to clear!
    I'm so jealous! We wanted to do the big lap but with only 1 income and none going around- I'd be saving for years. Have you got any camper trailers in mind?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was looking for a cheap trailer and hoping I can find one on gumtree too. I have been looking at PMX camper trailers as they have the type of tent I want with the door in the middle so there is room for the kids in the main tent plus the awning has its own roof frame and it comes with a tailgate kitchen , water tank with pump ,battery pack, electric brakes and room for jerry cans and a hitch for the bike rack. I have til Easter to find the one I want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh and I bought our first camper trailer 6 years ago. Prior to that we had a tent. We have always loved camping so there isn't too much camping wise we don't have. We live in paradise country so we are always out camping, fishing and exploring this amazing country we are privileged to have as our backyard. Ds1 was 6weeks old when he went on his first adventure, our boys are real outdoor kids. We also drive to the city with the camper for holidays. We actually just sold our camper recently and are saving for an updated flash dangle one with many extras. Coming into the wet season we wouldn't be doing as much camping so by the dry season we will have our new one so long as we order it by February as it will be custom built for our needs/wants. We are just putting our final touches on our requirements

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have been looking at a few cheapies as df can weld etc and so can my dad (they fixed up our recent trailer for just house stuff).

Dad is certain he could make it off road I didn't want to spend over 6-8k. My main priority is the canvas being intact & a king bed LOL! Because we have a king at home down sizing when away is a night mare (so uncomfy).

Every time I find one I then read up the reviews. We won't buy until a few things are finished on the house. And we are expecting bub num 2 in march so maybe we should wait until next year :/ did you get your book at local insurance shop? We are off to caravan and camping show today to look at roo bars, lift kits and snorkels...... Df can dream

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We'd love to get either a camper trailer or caravan
    We're camping this week and are just going to grab a couple of cheap tents to tide us over until we can afford something a bit better.
    I'd prefer a caravan, we can stay in it while we renovate the house (floors need fixing, and it will be a big job). A camper trailer can go off road and are more affordable, either way just being able to go on regular vacations will be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a Cameron off road camper trailer, that we got second hand and fairly cheap around when DS was born, and are starting to look at pop top caravans but like many PPs we are just waiting for one the right price to come up.
    We are a big camping family go camping semi regularly and are pretty well set up, and the kids absolutely love it. We are looking a doing a big trip around the flinder ranges maybe next year or the year after... I cant wait!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Madame Mayhem View Post
    We have a Cameron off road camper trailer, that we got second hand and fairly cheap around when DS was born, and are starting to look at pop top caravans but like many PPs we are just waiting for one the right price to come up.
    We are a big camping family go camping semi regularly and are pretty well set up, and the kids absolutely love it. We are looking a doing a big trip around the flinder ranges maybe next year or the year after... I cant wait!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Do you love your Cameron camper? It's one of the brands we have researched. Also cavalier.

Can I ask why 'pop top'. I have seen a few but they just didn't appeal to me? Are they easier to set up? Sorry for the questions!!

Camping show was a waist of money!! Would of get more info and bargains online!! Wanted $60 for a camp site book (Gregory's) I get that cheaper through our insurance!!! Also flinders is awesome are you in SA? I'm terrified of nature lol (snakes etc) as long as the bed Etc is off the ground and I have bug spray I should be ok :/

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi monnie,

Thats ok ask away

We are very happy with our cameron, after we got ours both of DHs siblings went and got them as well, and the ILs have a cavalier, they are both make hood quality campers. I have also heard good things about challange, who I believe bought out cavalier a while back.

Ours is a 12 ft built in the mid 90s but despite its age has held up really well, we can easily fit 4 of us and all our stuff, and on many occasions there have been 4 of us in the bed with room to spare. Its quick and easy to set up and take back down, and can be done by one person.

As for the pop top, DHs idea, I dont really mind the camper trailer, but he is thinking we would be more comfortable in a pop top.

We stopped going to the camping show for the same reason, we found it a bit of a rip off, and there wasnt anything there that you couldn't find else where cheaper.

Yeah we are in SA, are you? I love the flinders, DH and DS went to the Bendleby Ranges a few weeks back and he is keen to go again soon. its very beautiful and DH gets to go 4WDing so everyone wins lol. Im with you on the creepy crawly stuff, but its not that bad, but I do need at least a long drop where ever we camp lol.