+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Caravan Owners

Hi there,

With Noodle getting her new caravan recently- I thought it'd be great to see who else has a caravan, is awaiting a caravan or is dreaming of a caravan- so lets hear it!

I'm due to take delivery of my first home away from home in 14 weeks. I've never owned a caravan, camper trailer or even a tent before! I'm a single women with one DS and we haven't had a real holiday in over 2 years! We're so pumped.
    We're planning a few short trips with the prospect of some longer ones down the track.

I've bought a whole stack of stuff for the caravan, including towels, dinnerware, cutlery, bbq tools etc etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It appears those that do have caravans are out enjoying being able to use them. I'm only jealous this much *holds arms out as wide as they can go*.

That's ok, I don't mind talking to myself- I do it quite regulary actually so typing to myself should be no different.

So, I got my dinnerware. Corelle plain white, I then painted it with inspirational words- now I just need to seal it so we're not eating paint while eating our BBQ steak and salad.

I also got my ok for my holidays. 2 weeks in October and 3months in February 2014- don't get too excited), so that's great news.

Other than that, not much else. Still trying to squirrel money away whereever possible- unfortunately there seems to be a leak in my account but we're getting there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Caravan Owners

I don't have a caravan, just a camper trailer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kezanazz View Post
    I don't have a caravan, just a camper trailer!
    Oh please- come join. Camper Trailer-caravan, same same, right? Both a home away from home (damn- should have made that the thread title) for holidaying.

So, how long have you had it? Any recent trips? Any trips planned?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Caravan Owners

The family has had it for ages-it was mum and dads but they converted a bus and gave the camper trailer to us.
    No recent trips I'm afraid as I bought a new car and forgot to get the tow bar :screwy:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kezanazz View Post
    The family has had it for ages-it was mum and dads but they converted a bus and gave the camper trailer to us.
    No recent trips I'm afraid as I bought a new car and forgot to get the tow bar :screwy:
    Oh bugger- this would probably be something I would do. I currently have a Toyota Aurion and while on paper it says it can tow the caravan fine- I have reservations. So, I think sometime after I get the caravan- I will upgrade the car as well. I'm thinking a Nissan X-trail.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have achieved 50% of my saving goal

And yesterday, I bought the Camps 7 Australia Wide book. Great book- I can't wait to sit down with it and plan out of holiday a bit more. I also think I'm going to get the Caravans Australia Wide book as well- this will help when there are no low cost/free camps in range to search for a caravan park.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, the time has come! I pick up the caravan tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMum View Post
    Oh bugger- this would probably be something I would do. I currently have a Toyota Aurion and while on paper it says it can tow the caravan fine- I have reservations. So, I think sometime after I get the caravan- I will upgrade the car as well. I'm thinking a Nissan X-trail.
    Love the xtrail has the caravan got electric brakes?
    We have settled on getting a camper trailer after trying wind ups, caravans and tenting. I am getting a camper trailer with electric brakes and a booster fitted to the 4wd as it makes it so much safer especially when you consider the loaded up weight of the van.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, the caravan has electric brakes and have had the electric brake system fitted to the car (which has been upgraded to an Xtrail- LOVE IT! )

BUT! So annoying! Got a quote a few weeks ago for caravan insurance. As I am picking it up tomorrow, I go to pay the commence the policy and begin the insurance. WELL! We are in a listed postcode for new policy embargos due to the bushfires so I can't insure it until that is lifted! ARGH!