+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default how to tidy a room

because of the busy work and study, my room is in a mess, how to tidy a room in a short time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Depends what you have to tidy I suppose but my study always gets really messy really quickly because the kids tend to leave all their junk/toys/food scraps in here. I always have a plastic bag for rubbish and a laundry basket for everything else. This at least gets everything up off the floor and looking tidy and I can give a quick vacuum and mop if I have time. Then in the evening when the kids are asleep I grab the laundry basket and put everything away where it belongs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Pretend that your MIL is arriving in 15 minutes

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (20-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hide everything in a cupboard or under the bed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

meljemillie  (20-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    depends how clean/tidy you want it
    if i'm doing a proper job, I find the quickest way is to put every loose item that DOESN'T belong in the room in one basket/tub, every loose item that DOES in another. I then put those aside, wipe down surfaces, vacuum the floor, put the loose items away.
    If you want to be even quicker, just hide those tubs away until you get a chance to put things away properly.

Best tip though? As my mum used to say, "a place for everything and everything in its place". It you're not naturally tidy (like me - i really have to work at it), then it helps to make sure that you have a specific place where each item belongs. Then, as much as possible, try to put things away as you go.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default how to tidy a room

I try to put things away as I go and that way I don't really end up with mess or much to tidy up later

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm another one that uses baskets. If its really messy, I use 2 or 3 and sort them like a PP mentioned. Or if I'm busy or tired, I shove the baskets in the corner or out of the way. If I have enough time, I go from room to room, putting stuff away in that room, and using the basket to carry stuff that belongs in other rooms.
    sometimes I tidy first, then clean. Other times I fill up the baskets and clean, then put away later.
    I love my baskets I bought 4 from Ikea, and Dh thought I was nuts. But they are *always* in use. Its amazing, with a duster and a basket you can make the room look spotless in about 2 minutes

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (20-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazza View Post
    Depends what you have to tidy I suppose but my study always gets really messy really quickly because the kids tend to leave all their junk/toys/food scraps in here. I always have a plastic bag for rubbish and a laundry basket for everything else. This at least gets everything up off the floor and looking tidy and I can give a quick vacuum and mop if I have time. Then in the evening when the kids are asleep I grab the laundry basket and put everything away where it belongs.
    i live with other 4 girls, both of them are very lazy, so i waste a lot of time to clean the public place after work, so , i 'm too tired to clean my own room after that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I gather everything that needs to be put away, so quickly leaving a tidy room with one pile of mess then work through putting everything from the pile away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    Hide everything in a cupboard or under the bed.
    , funny, i belive most guy like this way to tidy their room.