+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Inspirational autobiography

One of my girlfriend's has done some amazing things over the last few months to completely change her life. I'm so awestruck by everything she has achieved and want to get her an inspirational autobiography as a gift. To kinda keep the momentum going.
    Does anyone have any recommendations?
    I would prefer a female writer but open to anything. Something you read and go "wow"!

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They're not autobiographies, but they certainly are inspirational true stories:

Amazing Grace by Eric Metaxas

Bury The Chains by Adam Hochschild.

Amazing Grace is a biography of British politician William Wilberforce, who campaigned for the outlawing of slavery in the 18th and 19th Centuries.

Bury The Chains is also about the campaign to outlaw slavery in the 18th and 19th Centuries, but it deals with all the prominent abolitionists, not just Wilberforce.

The reason I find these books so inspiring is that they are true stories of people who achieved the impossible. The very idea of starting a campaign to outlaw slavery was absurd, as slavery was a massive industry at the time. As Metaxas writes, to successfully outlaw slavery, and cause slavery to be viewed today with such widespread disgust, was the equivalent of "tipping over a mountain range".

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nasalhaironfire For This Useful Post:

moosey  (23-02-2013)