+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Miscarried twin at 5 weeks, terrified for remaining twin...

Hi ladies...this is a little lengthy but please take time to read...i am hoping there are others who may have been in a similar situation and can offer me some hope....
    Last Tuesday I was getting ready for work when I looked down and noticed bright red blood on my pj pants. Of course I panicked and cried like no tomorrow but amongst it I manger to get in contact with my ivf clinic and ask for help. I was 5 weeks pregnant and yet to have my first scan. Well my fs doesn't work Tuesday's so they booked me in to see him the following day but in the mean time go for a scan with the ob I would eventually be released to.
    The bleeding did not last long, perhaps half an hour Max and there wasn't a lot, it was the bright red that scared me. I still went for the scan with the ob and to my surprise we saw two beautiful Saks that each had the yolk....twins!!
    Wednesday morning comes around and I awake with period cramps and sore lower back....almost the exact same time as the day before I start to bleed again....this time there is a LOT. It lasts for a few hours when I begin to pass a massive clot, it was huge, about the size of my palm. At this stage I know I have miscarried....but how many? The bleeding then begins to slow down and is mostly spotting...
    I go for my scan with my fs that afternoon and he confirms that I have miscarried but there is still one baby there. I am in shock and do not know how to feel....terrified for this babies life and heartbroken for the one I have lost kind of describes it in not so many words....
    I go home with an appointment for Friday and another scan to see how Bubs is going.
    Friday comes and the bleeding has basically stopped, just a few bits of brown in the crinone gel that I am now on three times a day. I get to see bub again and they look good! Intact the sack appears slightly bigger and we can also see the fetal pole. I was 5 weeks 5 days at this point so still a little early to see the heartbeat. FS says comes back next Wednesday for heart beat scan.
    Well I manage to get through the weekend OK, just resting and doing my best not to worry. I did have some cramps and back pain but i put this down to bub growing and my uterus stretching. There was no bleeding.
    Yesterday I notice a little bit of blood when I wipe, this has me freaking out and I put myself to bed so that I can rest and hope for the best. It takes me ages to get asleep as I feel nauseous, my back hurts and I am cramping on and off, not badly but enough to notice.
    I awake at 2 am to go to the loo and when I get there I see dark brownish blood. I brace myself for a miscarriage.
    I have gotten up this morning and have not miscarried yet. The bleeding appears to have stopped, I put a liner in last night and there are only two drops of brown on it. I did clear out some of the crinone before (sorry tmi ) and it was all dark brown/blackish.
    My scan is this afternoon and I am petrified that bub won't have a heartbeat and that I will be told I'm going to miscarry again. I don't know if I can handle that. It will be my fourth miscarriage in a row in under two years. I am 23 years old and began fertility treatment when I had just turned 21. Every embryo transfer we have ever done has resulted in miscarriage and I am just so scared, how am I meant to stay positive for this bub when all I know is heartache? My husband is away for the army until April and I am not sure I can handle losing both our babies on my own....
    Has anyone lost a twin early on in pregnancy e.g. with bleeding and passing of clots etc. And then their other baby gone on to be OK?
    Could my bleeding last night have been left over from the miscarriage I had last week? I know I am grasping at straws here....
    Thank u for taking time to listen xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't have any experience with twins but I couldn't read and not offer you a tonne of hugs

I'm so sorry you lost your first twin and I sincerely hope this second one hangs in there tightly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont have any advice but just wanted to wish you all the best and your bub is ok in there i can only imagine what you are going thru must be very hard

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I just wanted to say massive hugs and I'm sorry for your loss.

Is there a possibility that it could be an implantation bleed for bub 2 and not a second miscarriage.

I thought I was miscarrying around 6 weeks but was an implantation bleed.

Something to keep you a bit hopeful.

If you ever need to chat I'm here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't speak from personal experience but a girl I worked with had a similar thing happen to her, she had twins and lost one (maybe at 5 weeks, it may have been closer to 10, I can't quite remember), but she went on to have a beautiful baby boy. Try to be positive and take care of yourself, and remember you can get pregnant, which is half the challenge. Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm so sorry!!
    I lost a twin at 10 weeks, but my little boy from the same pregnancy is now 2 years old.
    I know exactly what you are going through. I was so happy to hear the heartbeat, and felt guilty for being happy and not grieving enough for my little angel.
    I pray all goes well for you. Rest as much as you can.
    Loads of hugs your way!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Miscarried twin at 5 weeks, terrified for remaining twin...

Thank you so much for your responses and hugs and so good to hear some positive outcomes....I pray that this little one will be a success story too.
    I don't know if the bleeding last night could be implantation bleeding....I thought that happened much earlier on and I did have pink spotting the day I got my bfp 3 weeks ago, so I thought that would have been implantation....can only hope there is some logical reason for it that doesn't mean miscarriage...this afternoons scan can't come quick enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bub4mepls View Post
    Thank you so much for your responses and hugs and so good to hear some positive outcomes....I pray that this little one will be a success story too.
    I don't know if the bleeding last night could be implantation bleeding....I thought that happened much earlier on and I did have pink spotting the day I got my bfp 3 weeks ago, so I thought that would have been implantation....can only hope there is some logical reason for it that doesn't mean miscarriage...this afternoons scan can't come quick enough

thinking of you today. Let us know how you go.
    rest as much as you can.. that is the only advice I was given as its unfortunately all out of our control!
    My little man is such a fighter (and so is my little girl who is still in NICU who was born almost 3 weeks ago) I pray your little bean is too!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to adden For This Useful Post:

LittleGumnut  (20-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thinking of you for your scan. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck with your scan, I'll be thinking of you