+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Help me find a breastfeeding-friendly dress to wear to a wedding

Hello,
    Friends of ours are getting married in mid-March and we'll be taking our 2-3 week old bub, so I'll still be a BF newbie. The dress code says "formal" on the invitation however I'm sure cocktail would be acceptable too, so now I'm looking for a dress that will allow me to breastfeed discretely as well as hiding all of my jiggly bits that have snuck on during pregnancy! I'm located in Western Sydney so if you know of any stores in the area I can visit them, otherwise I'm happy to shop online. Hoping to spend less than $100... TIA!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Help me find a breastfeeding-friendly dress to wear to a wedding

Leona Edmiston always has beautiful wrap dresses in her collections. Wear one with a singlet underneath.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I bought this dress - http://www.figure8maternity.com/view...fm?pid=1167006 - in green which doesn't look like it still available (but other colours are). I wore it to 2 Weddings before my dd was 3 months old. People were shocked it was a 'feeding dress' cause it really didn't look like it and I found it super discreet to feed in (even fed my dd at the table at the reception ... mind you, the 'reception' was in a hall so it was either there or in the car). It isn't super formal, it is a super soft stretchy material (sort of like high quality t-shirt material), but really I didn't feel significantly underdressed and the main thing was being comfortable and being able to feed & it definitely met those criteria. I dressed it up a little by wearing a semi-sheer white bolero with long sleeves & a nice necklace.

And I went to a wedding recently (without dd thankfully!) and nearly everyone was wearing knee length dresses. I tried to find a floor length dress to wear in the shops & failed dismally, so I bought a knee length dress & thought I'd be underdressed, but I wasn't at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mothers en Vogue have some beautiful breastfeeding dresses. You can either order on line from their Singaporean website or find the dress you want on there and google it for a stockist near you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I just had a look at the mothers en vogue website and they have some really nice dresses. I need one for a 50th we are going to and will probably go with one of these. They're more cocktail style but could be dressed up nicely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Help me find a breastfeeding-friendly dress to wear to a wedding

This is what I wore as brides maid,I was 20 weeks pregnant and breastfeeding that little dude in the suit. It was chosen for me and the other bridesmaids had to wear the same as me. Just as an idea for shape.

I'd recommend going for something with a bit of flow in the front (like this one) because 2-3 weeks post partum belly can still be a bit jiggly. Or get some control pants

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow there are some GORGEOUS dresses! Thanks so much for sharing, can't believe how cheap some are too! Thanks for the advice regarding the flabby tummy - I also tend to have "shapely" hips and I'm sure I've put on extra weight here during my pregnancy, so I need something that isn't too clingy :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    This is what I wore as brides maid,I was 20 weeks pregnant and breastfeeding that little dude in the suit. It was chosen for me and the other bridesmaids had to wear the same as me. Just as an idea for shape.

I'd recommend going for something with a bit of flow in the front (like this one) because 2-3 weeks post partum belly can still be a bit jiggly. Or get some control pants

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    I'm still jiggly at 9 weeks pp!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Wow there are some GORGEOUS dresses! Thanks so much for sharing, can't believe how cheap some are too! Thanks for the advice regarding the flabby tummy - I also tend to have "shapely" hips and I'm sure I've put on extra weight here during my pregnancy, so I need something that isn't too clingy :-)
    At my hospital physio/pelvic floor session post partum, they actually highly encouraged the 'suck me in' shorts to help with support for the first few weeks after anyway. Personally I found them to be fantastic - I just brought cheap ones from Target, but the SRC shorts are supposed to be the best.

So don't feel bad, wear them regardless of which dress you buy to make you feel more confident