+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Which would you choose?

I'm having issues with my Childcare place they are plain lazy and I want my son to move. He has been there 2 weeks.

So I found one that seems really great! But they will only let me have full time when I won't need that. So it means having a great place but paying for days I don't need.

Or one that seeeeems ok but is small and the carers don't seem as good as the above one.. But the things I'm not happy with in the place ds is at now they are totally against too. So at least they will care for him better but he won't do as many activities as the first one that charges heaps

What to do?? I want him at the great one but some weeks he will only be in for one day so I pay for 4 I don't need. Other weeks he may be in for 3 days etc.
    I love this place feels good etc should I just try afford it? I suppose I can cut back on something else.. I don't know what yet but it's going to be like 250 a week in Childcare.augghhhhhh

Thanks
    Reviews

Don't pay for days you don't need, keep looking for other centres that will give you part time

Thanks
    Reviews

If I really hated the centre AND my child was totally unhappy there, I would take him out and not work until I found care for the days I needed .

Obviously not an option for everyone, but it's just what I'd do...

If you don't like the centre but your bub is ok with being there then no harm leaving him there til you find the next option

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I'd spend a few hours at both for orientation, before making a decision. On paper or conversation they can sound great, but practical experience is worth so much more.

Also you may be forced to pay for more days than you need anyway OP. In my experience, most daycare centres need to book you in for the days required - so changing from week to week for either 1 or 3 days etc is not common I don't think?? FDC is more flexible like that though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Paying for a full week when you won't use it is a bit excessive.
    Id keep looking till i found one that had the days i needed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

What don't you like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Which would you choose?

Something else to consider is your child is only allowed a certain amount of absences per year at the ccb reduced price. So if you've got him booked in but aren't using most of those days you might end up having to pay full fee for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks guys I'm stil torn. He doesn't like going but I'm sure every 11mo won't not cry when being dropped off at dc.
    I don't like that he sleeps in a dirty old pram when I have gone to pick him up twice. They don't wipe his face after meals so he comes home with crusty food on his face and in hair/eyebrows.
    They won't give me a menu of what they feed. One time I came in and they were giving him rice cakes with the flavouring on top like BBQ flavour. For an 11mo???!!
    They aren't organised... Front door always unlatched so not secure
    Etc I could go on..

I really want to find one that will work with my shifts that change. But I don't trust family daycare. Noone else there to say if something is being done wrong and ds can't talk yet..
    Augh it's a major stress at the moment..

Thanks
    Reviews

Not sure if its in your area, look at council based family day care maybe? All now are regulated by the national quality standards, and must comply. More flexible and very good ratios and family environment. Also you get to pick who looks after your cherub instead of a random at a Cente? Worth a look into. I have used centres, but since using fdc, there is definitely positives best of luck!