+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you I will do that asap

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Tenant repair question

If you are in Newcastle, it might be worth contacting the tenancy advocacy service. I've spoken to Dawn about issues before and she has been really helpful.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Tenant repair question

Quote Originally Posted by Mummy pig View Post
    How long are they able to take to fix a repair do you know?

thanks
    My real estate is really crummy - took three weeks before they got back to us about our leaky tap, then another couple weeks before someone came around.
    We were also waiting well over a month before our main toilet got fixed. (Thank god we have two lol).

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Can I ask, is there any reason why you don't have a sink plunger thingy or gone and bought some draino? I realise it's the RE's responsibility but from a hassle perspective, I'd be trying either or both of those things first to unblock a sink. Even a good dose of bleach can often unblock sinks if what is blocking it up is organic matter. Just pour some in the sink and let it sit there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How do I plunge the sink, the holes at the top you can't even get a finger down? I've poured quite a few things down there lol including draino and bleach

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

How do I plunge the sink, the holes at the top you can't even get a finger down? I've poured quite a few things down there lol including draino and bleach
    They might need to blast the drains then. That happened at my last place. It wasn't until sh!t quite literally started coming up through the laudry floor that they decided to get a plumber out.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Mummy pig  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

The plunger just needs to create a seal, so you just place it over the plug hole and push up and down.

I find eucalyptus oil and boiling water work really well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Disbride For This Useful Post:

Mummy pig  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

How long are they able to take to fix a repair do you know?
    Because it's not an urgent matter there technically is no time frame, however how long ago did you put the request in writing? Mainly with the leaking tap - simply because in nsw it's legislation that to pay for water usage you shouldn't have any leaking taps on property. So if you send them a letter pointing out how long you've been waiting for them to fix the leak and that you'd like some compensation for the wasted water then you might get some money off your next water bill. Not a huge amount, but something... Might also speed them up if they're the ones dragging the chain. Chances are it's that the plumber is booked solid though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Disbride For This Useful Post:

Mummy pig  (22-02-2013)