+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Birthday party with school friends question

Ok. My DS1 will be turning the big 5 in April and I'm pretty sure its during school holidays which is awesome, but this is the first year where he will have actual friends to invite. I have no idea how this works!? Isit rude to only invite a few friends or do you invite everyone? I have no idea where to have it, been lucky the last 4 years with no rain but you never know in autumn. Whats the going attendance rate for school friends? Im worried if I dont invite quite a few that people wont come then end up with no one there.
    please help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Birthday party with school friends question

Ds1 had his first party last year when he turned 6. His birthday is in May and was during term. We invited about 8 kids. 2 didn't show but there were a few siblings. I thought it worked out to a good amount. I think inviting the whole class would be to much personally.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Just to add, we had it at home and my MIL stayed over to help. Made it easier for us. We did it as a mid afternoon party on a Saturday. That way we just put out finger food.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I've been wondering the same thing...I'm pretty sure that most kids invited will attend- given that they're all in kindy and establishing friendships I think that both the kid and their parents would be keen for them to go.

I was thinking of inviting the whole class to be polite since its her first year at school BUT:
    1. It would cost a fortune
    2. I know that DD is not friends with everybody in her class
    3. I wanted to give her a ballerina themed party and I don't think boys would be to impressed with this

Hard decisions I know!

Thanks
    Reviews

We invited 4 friends, all RSVP'd and 3 were a yes and those 3 came.
    We have friends with kiddies and cousins etc so I was happy with 3-4 school friends
    Personal choice on who you child talks about most, how many kids you wanna invite, how many parents u can feed and how many people you can fit inside your place incase of rain

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Invite as many as you want your the one organising/paying its your choice.

We've had quite a few 'friends' parties now. I always put RSVP with my number and just about everyone rsvp's.
    Usually we only have 1/2 that can't make it and they call/text to let us know.

Don't stress your LO will have a ball on the day- enjoy it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

I think a fair few wouldn't show up so take that into account. If it's on the holidays, remember some people go away or the parents may have work commitments and are unable to take their children.
    I'm not sure what would be a good number to invite though... Guess it depends on the kind of party you are going to have?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

As a teacher I don't think I've ever seen a whole class invited to a party to be honest! I don't think the parents expect others to invite everyone and kids forget things quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    Ok. My DS1 will be turning the big 5 in April and I'm pretty sure its during school holidays which is awesome, but this is the first year where he will have actual friends to invite. I have no idea how this works!? Isit rude to only invite a few friends or do you invite everyone? I have no idea where to have it, been lucky the last 4 years with no rain but you never know in autumn. Whats the going attendance rate for school friends? Im worried if I dont invite quite a few that people wont come then end up with no one there.
    please help.
    It is a challenge but I came to the conclusion to just invite the main kids he associates with (you can ask his teacher if unsure) or the kids he talks about.
    I think inviting the entire class is a bit much particularly when there is 30 kids in the class. I think a dozen is a good number but take into account you may get some siblings coming along too.

This year I am opting for a boys sleepover. I told ds he is turning 5 so there can be 5 kids so he has to chose 4 friends! They will make pizza, play board games and watch movies, sleep in their sleeping bags on the loungeroom floor

Thanks
    Reviews
    When my twins were in the FYOS we did their first ever party with friends. No way was I going to invite their whole classes as that would have been about 37 kids plus family!

We invited a total of 8 which including them was 10 plus family. We did another party a couple of years ago and invited 10, so total of 12 plus family. I don't think I would want to go any bigger than that. Both times everyone that was invited came. They also had a tiny little party with just 4 friends total. The smaller one was so much more relaxed for me LOL. they had just as much fun too.

As long as you don't invite all the boys in his class except 1 or 2 then it's fine.