+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ergo users please help!

My new ergo has just arrived and I have a few questions for those experienced ergo users....

1. I am using the infant insert but where should bubs legs be positioned
    2. How tight should the chest strap be?
    3. Is the waist strap designed to be worn actually around the waist or lower ?
    4. Do you still use it in hot weather?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Ergo users please help!

Subbing, I'm also trying to figure out the feet positioning with the insert...

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I found some good videos on you tube demonstrating the insert and how to wear the ergo.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ArthurDent For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (19-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Ergo users please help!

I found a few too but they said things like "check bubs feet position" but weren't much more specific. I'm worried as my dd is 10 weeks old and has a clicky hip and needs a second u/s in a few weeks so want to make sure her hips and feet are right. I've been using the hug a bub a bit more for this reason. I used the ergo with my ds from about 8 months and found it really easy so I know it'll get easier. I've been struggling with both carriers in this heat though!

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Yep that's what I found too - check bubs feet. I checked them but don't know what it's supposed to look like!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carleena View Post
    My new ergo has just arrived and I have a few questions for those experienced ergo users....

1. I am using the infant insert but where should bubs legs be positioned
    2. How tight should the chest strap be?
    3. Is the waist strap designed to be worn actually around the waist or lower ?
    4. Do you still use it in hot weather?

Thanks!
    I'm not sure I qualify as an expert, but...

1. I am using the infant insert but where should bubs legs be positioned - Their legs should be pulled up in a froggy position, and I think in checking their feet you are ensuring that thay are in a natual, neutral position, not bend or tucked up uncomfortably
    2. How tight should the chest strap be? By chest strap, I'm assuming you mean the side straps? The chest straps should hold bubs so they are tummy to tummy with you, not so their weight is away from you, or else you will get a sore back. I found my ergo felt best when the straps were all snug.
    3. Is the waist strap designed to be worn actually around the waist or lower ?Resting just above the hips. This way bubs weight is distributed through your hips and carried by your legs, not your back.
    4. Do you still use it in hot weather? I do, but mine is cotton (Sport I think). Use your discretion if you think bubs is getting hot and sweaty.

Thanks
    Reviews

I put DD's bottom on the cushion bit inside the infant insert - so when she was in the ergo it was like she was sitting on the cushion with her legs splayed either side of my body. She was always comfy like this & we never had an issue but not all bubs like having their legs splayed like that.

I think with the straps it's about what you find comfortable. Or are you talking about the infant insert chest strap? Because we rarely even did it up & it never made a difference.

I do use it in summer, we are in brisbane so warm but not as hot as some places. I have an Ergo performance, & DD was much too big for the infant insert by the time summer rolled around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is a big boy (90th percentile for weight and length) from five weeks I just used the cushion bit of the insert(and sometimes just a rolled up recieving blanket) as a seat as pp explained. He has his legs wrapped around me which is the only way I can hold him as he is in a pavlik harness for hip dysplasia (he was beech to 33 weeks), he is very happy like that, feeds, sleeps and watches the world go by.
    It is winter here so can't help with the heat part - I am jealous though it was negative 7 last week here!