+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Nappy bag

Subbing.

I love the mimco baby bag but their bags are known to have cardboard in the base and get ruined if a drink is spilt so I'm undecided.

And if I carry a bag that big ill have to leave my normal massive Oroton at home.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Nappy bag

I plan on using a side bag (you know the ones that hang off one shoulder down to the other hip? Lol it's my version of a handbag and I sew my own for extra pockets ).
    My friend has two kids and wasted money on a nappy bag as she just used her usual handbag for everything so I figure my usual bag has enough room for bottles, Nappies and spare clothes as well.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    I plan on using a side bag (you know the ones that hang off one shoulder down to the other hip? Lol it's my version of a handbag and I sew my own for extra pockets ).
    My friend has two kids and wasted money on a nappy bag as she just used her usual handbag for everything so I figure my usual bag has enough room for bottles, Nappies and spare clothes as well.
    i made one thats like this. Its the best ^_^

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (19-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used (and will use) a separate nappy bag and handbag for a few reasons.

1. My handbag is already heavy enough! A lot of the 'handbag' style nappy bags don't easily go over pram handles, meaning you wear them or shove them down the bottom which is a PITA IMO.

2. I like my nappy bag hanging over the handles of the pram, but if it had my purse etc in it I would not feel like it is secure. Eg. If I was occupied at the baby end of the pram, someone could steal out of my nappy bag without me noticing (too many years working in a supermarket to trust people not to snatch-n-grab a purse/bag left unnattended!)

3. I like to keep the stinky stuff - after a while even that once-fresh wipes smell just remind you of poo - out of my handbag.

4. Don't like to be restricted on what I can take, nappy bag + handbag gives you so much room and flexibility.

We travelled a lot when DD was little and a nappy bag is also useful at the airport because you say "this is all baby things" and they don't apply the usual liquid restrictions.

The only thing I will do differently this time is I also have one of those nappy wallets with a strap which is perfect for ducking down to the shops etc.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Nappy bag

I have both and use both at different times. If I'm visiting family I'll just throw a few nappies in my hand bag (normally I have wipes, food and spare clothes there). If I'm going out for a while I'll pack the nappy bag. I used to use the nappy bag as a handbag with my first but with two there isn't any room.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Nappy bag

I have the oroton nappy bag and love it I just packed it today lol!

I don't want my nappies etc in with my personal things yuck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nappy bag

I have both and sometimes use my nappy bag for everything but mostly have my own handbag too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to Oroton and their baby bag looks great, perfect size for me.

I like bags with 2 shoulder straps that you can carry over your shoulder, like a tote. I actually can't stand bags with a long shoulder strap, or anything cross-body - I just can't get comfortable.

I also checked out Mimco but their bag seemed huge - the size of my gym bag! And the sales girl was really pushy and snooty and she put me off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Nappy bag

Pity the mimco girl was rude. I was in there today and my assistant was so nice and helpful. I really love the mimco bag and glad the cardboard base is removable. It is huge though. Their weekender bag is also really nice

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nappy bag

Quote Originally Posted by MrsStewart View Post
    I went to Oroton and their baby bag looks great, perfect size for me.

I like bags with 2 shoulder straps that you can carry over your shoulder, like a tote. I actually can't stand bags with a long shoulder strap, or anything cross-body - I just can't get comfortable.

I also checked out Mimco but their bag seemed huge - the size of my gym bag! And the sales girl was really pushy and snooty and she put me off.
    I love mine!! I can't wait to use it with our bubba! I would of got a mimco but dp said it wasn't manly enough lol.