+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Prenatal vitamins

Hey ladies.

Ive noticed that swiss has brought out a pregnancy vitamin for pre conception, pregnancy and breastfeeding so I thought I would give them a whirl because ive tried Blackmores range and still have a big bottle left because im not a fan as it makes me feel sick and I've tried elivit which worked well once my body got used too it but it cost quite a bit even when its on special.

Has anyone tried the swiss ones? And what other things should I start talking to give this pregnancy a good run?

Ive just lost my second pregnancy in the last 3 months and wont be trying again till my af in may because we are going on a cruise and you have to be 24 weeks or less to travel

I want to the next pregnancy a good shot. Im also having a whole bunch of tests done too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I use the Natures own pregnancy platinum (because it has the omega 3's and DHA etc) which some of the other granulated caps don't have. Plus they are 1 a day (Blackmores are 2) so it's better value. Blackmores used to repeat on me too, Natures Own doesn't.😊

I was worried about enough folate - but they now enrich bread with it and I eat enough Vegemite (high in folate) which meets my needs.

Good luck for a sticky BFP soon.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm taking the Natures Own too. Was told to take a separate folate every 2nd day to top up until week 16?

I also take extra fishoil as I think the extra DHA is beneficial but that's a personal choice. We shall see in time if he comes out a brainiac.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’m taking blackmores (preg and bf’ing) because my friend had half a container left over!

With DD I took elevit.

I am considering the swisse ones when these run out though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Prenatal vitamins

The swiss ones have alot in them. They are quite bit but you only have to take 1. They look like the blaclmores pregnancy and breastfeeding ones. Atm I fell okay on them but its only day two. I have the Blackmores folic acid on its own too should I take that every second day too.

I know it takes a few weeks for it to start really working which is good because ill get ot all.in order for wheb I start in may. Ahhh just wish we didn't have to wait so long

I don't understand how you can fly international being 36 weeks or less but on the cruise you have to be 24 weeks or less....least you can I get air lifted if anything happens you can get medical attention on a plane

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes but an airlift is mega expensive :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

I am on the Swisse ones and they are great! I take them with the usual swisse womens Formula1 multi as recommended on the website

Blackmores gave me terrible nausea and reflux, Elevit ummmm blocked me up haha!

Thanks
    Reviews

Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by glitter girl View Post
    The swiss ones have alot in them. They are quite bit but you only have to take 1. They look like the blaclmores pregnancy and breastfeeding ones. Atm I fell okay on them but its only day two. I have the Blackmores folic acid on its own too should I take that every second day too.

I know it takes a few weeks for it to start really working which is good because ill get ot all.in order for wheb I start in may. Ahhh just wish we didn't have to wait so long

I don't understand how you can fly international being 36 weeks or less but on the cruise you have to be 24 weeks or less....least you can I get air lifted if anything happens you can get medical attention on a plane

Check the recommend daily intake for folic acid and then compare it to what is in what you are taking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been taking the Swiss ones in combination with extra folate for several months now and they're pretty good. They're relatively easy to swallow and I've never had fishy reflux.