+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 3 month old, routine disappeared

If I read one more article about how babies settle their sleep patterns at 3 months ill throw my computer at the wall. My DS is 13 weeks and since he was born has been on a four hour routine during the day, then feeding at 9pm followed by about 5 or 6am. (From 5 weeks. Previously he'd wake at 3 then 7) All of a sudden he is feeding 2.5 to 3 hourly during the day and waking up 4 hourly at night. Big feeds too. I'm worried its my milk supply because I'm EBF. Does anyone have this situation? Does it last? Been about a week.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: 3 month old, routine disappeared

There's a wonder week at 12 weeks, Google it- it will most likely make a lot of sense. This one lasts for a week so he'll probably settle back down soon.
    Although I've found it generally takes till 6 months to get a real definite routine. And then there's some babies who just like to keep you guessing and never get into a routine!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

missie_mackxxxx  (19-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Op, I remember around the 3 month mark being a challenge as if DS had suddenly woken up another notch, and then like pp said it settled down again, but into a slightly different routine. Then again at around 5.5/6 months we had a few weeks which were tough. Babies do this because of wonder weeks, growth spurt, teething, needing less sleep, more food... Although really I'm sure they just like to keep us guessing.

When I was struggling I used to keep a log of sleeps/feeds etc which always helped me identify if there was something that I needed to tweak to help DS settle down again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They constantly go through changes. Just when you think you have it down pat, another growth spurt, milestone or routine change happens. Around 3 months I know is a huge developmental change, and growth spurt. Maybe up the feeds during the day to help at night.

Hang in there xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Babies are very unpredictable till 6mths ish. They grow and change very quickly so just go with it.

Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone and thanks for the info on wonder weeks! I hadn't heard of that. He seems to have settled into a routine again, although a 3 hour rather than 4 hour one. Sleeping well most nights.

Thanks
    Reviews

My DD is nine months and she roughly does the same things but I wouldn't say we have a routine! You've got a good sleeper