+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Why is the OP of this thread so much more upset about it all than the OP of the original (contentious) thread? Seems a bit over sensitive, I gotta say.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

CMF  (19-02-2013)

Three Little Birds is offline Formerly Squiggsmom - I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree that some threads tend to get very nasty but the one being referred to wasn't one of them. It was pretty tame for BH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default What is going on with bubhub at the moment!!??

I never reply to vents unless its a hug! as I think a vent is just someone letting off steam or having a whine (which we all need to do occasionally) If she asked for opinions etc then I would have replied as the majority did but it's great to see the original OP is fine with it all

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (19-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are offended by what people are saying in a thread, report it. The mods might not be in those threads and might not see what is happening. Mods are happy to take action if members want that action taken.

We’ve got your feedback on how the MAJORITY want the forum moderated (there’ll always be a few at either end who want it moderated more or moderated less), and over the next couple of weeks, we’re going to be making sure that the mod team are all on the same page as to how they will be moderating.

In the meantime, please REPORT what you don't like. Making a thread about how nasty people are isn't going to get the mods' attention. Reporting offensive posts will. Nobody else has to know that you've reported it, so there's no reason not to.

As for seeing "thanks" on the app - what you can and can't do comes down to Tapatalk’s standard app, if they don't include an option to see "thanks", it’s not a matter of petitioning to be able to do it. All we can do is ask Tapatalk to include this as standard. It's when we started adding non-standard customisations that gave us grief with the app, and then it crashed. At the moment, you can see "thanks" on Android, so it looks as though Tapatalk are working on it – there should be a new release of the iphone app in the not too distant future and we hope it will be working then so you can see who has thanked you.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BH-community For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (19-02-2013),Guest654  (19-02-2013),αληθη  (19-02-2013),LoveLivesHere  (19-02-2013),peanutmonkey  (19-02-2013),RobinSparkles  (19-02-2013),waitinghoping  (19-02-2013)

sweetsugardumplin' is offline be the change you want to see in da world
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Why is the OP of this thread so much more upset about it all than the OP of the original (contentious) thread? Seems a bit over sensitive, I gotta say.
    Yep, I totally am
    Last edited by sweetsugardumplin'; 19-02-2013 at 12:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with those who have said (along the lines of) they're not NOT going to post something because it's already been said. If I feel passionate about something, I'll post a reply even if other people already have. Also, half the time (especially in big threads) I rarely read all the replies so I hit reply after the first few.

In regards to yesterdays thread, I posted a reply in it. I checked back later and did feel for the OP. At the end of the day she was having a vent, which we all do, and there were a lot of people saying the same thing. But, as on any forum, if someone feels strongly about a topic/OP then they should be allowed to reply. Plus, the OP was a champ about it and explained her stance without attacking anyone or complaining about anyone elses posts, which I thought was awesome

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (19-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsugardumplin' View Post
    Yep, I totally am

I didn't respond in the other thread, though I honestly don't think it got 'that' bad.

Now that the hub is moderating less, I actually like that you have put the spin off up, it gives everyone a chance to think. Without it coming from the moderators.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to onionskin For This Useful Post:

sweetsugardumplin'  (19-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did however appreciate the PMs from people (including the OP of this thread) lending their support. (That showed me that there wasn't unanimous dissent, but perhaps the sheer number of objectors made those who didn't object hesitant to come forward and say so.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's one of those situations where the whole back story wasn't really explained in the first place. I'm pretty sensitive and would have to say that I didn't find people's responses that bad. Most people said that the OP was selfish, and that's not exactly name calling. It was more relating to the situation. I guess if everyone knew everything that she was going through, it could have gone down better.
    I come in here for advice and the truth, when I feel I can't get it in real life. I like people to tell me what they think. Sometimes it sucks but mostly it's supportive and positive. The best thing was that she got to explain herself and thankfully she wasn't overly offended.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to moosey For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (19-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: What is going on with bubhub at the moment!!??

I nearly posted a reply until I realised how many other people had posted in response. Then realised it was well and truly over anyway (like 8pm over) so no point saying anything. Maybe some posters didn't intend to dig the boot in so much as didn't realise how many people had replied more or less the same point.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Last edited by Boobycino; 19-02-2013 at 12:49.