+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: What is going on with bubhub at the moment!!??

Meh, I read the whole thread and saw 3 "selfish" and one "cold and heartless" I definitely wouldn't call that name calling.

As the mod said who closed it she was just after a vent, which we all need every now and then, even if we have the tiniest feeling that we might be in the wrong. So I don't blame her for that however I didn't agree with the op's vent, and I don't really agree that she was picked on either.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What is going on with bubhub at the moment!!??

I think you can still 'Thank' posts on the iPhone app. Just tap on the post so it's highlighted then one of the options that comes up is 'More', tap on that and the top option is 'Thanks'.

I'm not sure if that's what you meant, I'm fairly new to this but was just playing around and found it so thought I'd mention it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by bundun3 View Post
    I think you can still 'Thank' posts on the iPhone app. Just tap on the post so it's highlighted then one of the options that comes up is 'More', tap on that and the top option is 'Thanks'.

I'm not sure if that's what you meant, I'm fairly new to this but was just playing around and found it so thought I'd mention it
    They mean you can't see when posts have been thanked, there used to be a little thumbs up tally but it doesn't show anymore!

Thanks
    Reviews

Ahhh, that makes more sense! Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    If pretty much everyone thinks you've got your priorities wrong, perhaps you really need to reconsider your stance.

I don't care what other people have said - I'm not NOT saying something because others have already said it, and I'm not NOT saying something because it's going against the majority either. I don't care if everyone has said someone is in the right, or everyone has said someone is in the wrong. I still have the right to add my reply, and I do.

Hopefully, when people come up with such a strong opposition to their behaviour, they can think to themselves, "Hmmm... if so many people think I was being XYZ, maybe I was..." and reconsider their stance. They might decide that everyone is just a bunch of jerks/idiots/whatever and feel fine about how they acted, but at least that's better than just not even taking the time to reconsider at all.

ETA - I also rarely read all posts in a thread like that. I read the first few, the last few, and then reply. I went back over the posts in the thread you're referring to though and I didn't see much in the way of attacking. Maybe a little bit snide here and there, but mostly just people expressing that they thought the OP was in the wrong. Don't want to hear about how people think you're in the wrong? Don't post it on the internet.
    I agree with Sassy here although I haven't seen the thread in question, but it applies generally.

I don't get why people think if someone has a similar view to you then you should not post. Threads would be pretty short and dull if that was the case.

I will caveat this by saying that of course you don't need to be deliberately rude. But even if you're not people still may not like what you have to say. But that's just how it is in real life and especially on a public forum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Perhaps the OP had no other choice. Perhaps the OP has good reason to not be supportive to her Dad. What concerned me is that there was phrase after phrase after phrase that IMO demonstrated the OP doesn't really rate her dad as being important.

I agree name calling is not cool, but if you post something like the original post on a forum then you've got to expect feedback.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (19-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I think this poster has a big heart and is feeling a bit disillusioned with bubhub, nothing sinister.
    I agree.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

sweetsugardumplin'  (19-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    I don't think people read the OP properly, (I only saw it after it was closed), but she said that she'd said she could do 4pm (based on pick up time last time), then when she didn't get a call earlier in that afternoon she assumed he'd made other arrangements due to their conversation regarding topping up the gocard or whatever its called. Then the lady rang to say he needed to be picked up at 6. I am thinking by then the kids were already at theatre and it was gonna be really difficult getting them and him all at the same time. She couldn't leave her kids there, so decided she'd have to organise them first then get him. I might be reading wrong, but thats what I got from it.

Sounds very stressful, and we don't know her r'ship with her dad.

I would drop everything for my dad but some of things said to the OP were horribly cruel and heartless. It is possible to say what you think without being mean (and repeating the same thing over and over again).
    I read the original post and moved on and then this morning I read it turned into a huge controversy. I'm shocked!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    *sticks head up*

Whilst I was very surprised with the general consensus of responses on that thread I didn't think anyone was being offensive.

I was out for a lot of the time the thread was running, plus spent over an hour writing a comprehensive response only to discover the thread was closed, so I PMed the mod requesting it be reopened so that I could put my response in, but that mods last activity was over half an hour ago so chances are she might have left for the night.

And it is my understanding that it would be against the rules for me to continue a closed thread, so I cannot post my response in a different thread either.

Edit - nope still around, so I've posted my response now.
    im glad u weren't offended either.
    i posted my thoughts quite early in the thread and never checked back until I read this one. I still stand by my opinion but I also respect yours.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What is going on with bubhub at the moment!!??

*shrug* It's a forum. Why bother being a member on it if you can't contribute because someone else is of the same opinion and has already stated that opinion?

I very rarely see threads where the response is unanimously negative. That to me indicates that in this particular situation it's not the respondents who are being unfair. They're simply calling it as they see it. The majority of people questioned the OPs thought pattern and priorities, that's about it. Some were a bit harsh in their questioning but that's going to happen in every thread.

It's the internet. The majority of people just don't care if their tone isn't clear. Sad but true. The only solution is to put on big girl panties before accessing the opinions of other (relatively anonymous) strangers online and take things with a grain of salt.
    Sounds like the OP of the other thread did that very well and I commend her for doing exactly what she should, which is not getting upset about the opinion of people she's never met and will never have to sit at a dinner table with .

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

CMF  (19-02-2013),FluffyDucks  (19-02-2013),αληθη  (19-02-2013),Mod-Degrassi  (19-02-2013),RobinSparkles  (19-02-2013),Stiflers Mom  (19-02-2013),wannawannabe  (19-02-2013)