+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default light period or implantation bleeding?

Hi everyone, I am new to trying to conceive (3 weeks in) and trying to learn all about what to look for in trying for our first bub. I have a history of irregular periods (long cycles too) so I do not know when my period will arrive. Hubby and I have been doing the deed every few days and the other day I had some brown spotting. It ended up lasting for 3 days, with 2 of the days my needing to wear a pad as it got a bit heavier. Definitely wasn't as heavy as my normal period though, and my period normally lasts 7 days. It was only brown blood and then it just suddenly stopped. Before this I had some cramping and also a breakout of acne and some tiredness but that's all. Is it possible to have a light period and just confuse it for implantation bleeding, or does this sound like it may be implantation bleeding? As I said, I have irregular periods so have no idea when ovulation would've happened, and we are basically just trying to do the deed every few days to see what happens (in the meanwhile I am being tested for a few things just to rule out PCOS etc). thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

If your periods are never like thst I guess it's possible it was an implantation bleed....
    However, I've had implantation bleeding at the beginning of both my pregnancies and it was literally a couple of dots when I wiped.
    I also got a positive result of my test the day after the bleed.
    We are all so different though, have you tried taking a test?

I usually track my ovulation by monitoring my cervical mucus. It sounds gross but in your fertile days it can resemble uncooked egg whites.
    Not everyone notices this, but if you do it's a very good indicator. Just something to think about

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply! I did do a test this afternoon but I don't think it worked properly so took another and it was negative. Might wait a couple days and take one with first morning urine. It's definitely bleeding out of the norm for me so was just curious as to why I had it as it was. Doesn't help that when you google implantation bleeding some women say they had hardly anything, while others say they mistook it for a light period! I did start keeping an eye on cervical mucus just before this bleeding happened, so might keep an eye on it from now on and try track it some more

Thanks
    Reviews

Yep, i guess everyones bodies are so different

I should mention, my positive tests were very light. If you don't have enough Hcg in your wee yet it won't show up or will be super light.

Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews

I had an implantation bleed with this pregnancy, it lasted 3 days and was red blood and heavy enough to wear a pad but not enough for a tampon. I didn't get a positive result on a home test until about 2 or so weeks afterwards. I honestly thought it was a weird period but the doctor was sure it was an implantation bleed and then when I finally had a scan to see how far along I was, the dates matched up perfectly!
    Everyone is so different though! Maybe wait a week or so and do another test, good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by annony01 View Post
    Thanks for your reply! I did do a test this afternoon but I don't think it worked properly so took another and it was negative. Might wait a couple days and take one with first morning urine. It's definitely bleeding out of the norm for me so was just curious as to why I had it as it was. Doesn't help that when you google implantation bleeding some women say they had hardly anything, while others say they mistook it for a light period! I did start keeping an eye on cervical mucus just before this bleeding happened, so might keep an eye on it from now on and try track it some more
    Did you end up getting a BFP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, still getting BFN :-( Starting to think it was maybe breakthrough bleeding or something. Haven't had many other symptoms, although breasts do feel bruised and was feeling more emotional this week but that could also be aunt flow coming to arrive soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been a long while, but thought I'd update in case anyone else finds this post and is going through similar.

Got my BFP a couple weeks later .Think it was ovulation bleeding or breakthrough bleeding.
    Now have a 13 month old.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to annony01 For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations!!