+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 1st m/c and treated poorly thought id share my story

hi all im just wondering if anyone has had a horrible experience with their docs/hospitals?this is my 1st pregnancy.I was 12wks pg when i went in to ed on 31/1 with pain and spotting.they took blood, my hcg levels were 35000.they scanned me on a machine they said was the rubbish scanner.after 45 min they couldnt even find my uterus the machine was that crap.they gave me a internal my cervix was closed and they sent me home not offering a proper scan.a week later i went back with worse pain and spotting.the doc "tried" to take blood but couldnt get the needle in correctly so i cracked it and left.
    on sat 9/2 i woke up and my stomach and boobs had deflated and the bleeding was heavier.i went back to ed as i was convinced then something was severly wrong. they took my blood and my hcg was 17200.they doc said your going to miscarry .i asked the doc what my next steps were he said go home and walked out of the room.in our state of shock thats exactly what we did.
    that day around 2pm i started passing large clots and the pain was getting pretty bad.this continued through till sunday untill around 1130am.the pain was coming and going but getting worse each time it came back.at 1230 hubby started timing it.each time the pain getting closer and closer together.i realised i was having contractions.around 145pm i started having the urge to push and the pain was too much to handle so i decided to go back to ed.before i made it out the door i started spewing and thought i was going to pass out.as i had spewed i felt something come out from down below.at 205pm i passed a fully intact sac with my baby inside measuring around 2cm.this was a gut wrenching sight but i had to look!everytime i think of how big he was i try and pinpoint when it was he had died.why didnt i know it earlier you know a "womens" sense.i feel im being punished.its unfair to go through that with no reward of my baby to hold.and why didnt the doctors help me more or tell me what to expect given how far along i was insted of just walking out of the room.no option for anything!
    we decided to bury our bubba in a pot with seedlings of beautiful flowers to sprout.we bring the pot inside at night and put it in our room.bit weird i know but its how we cope this is sh!t!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I'm so so so so very sorry you went through this. And I'm so sorry you weren't treated like a human being, instead you were treated as a number.
    I just want to give you a huge virtual cuddle.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

specialkay  (18-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

The way you were treated sounds awful. I am so sorry for your loss and what you had to go through.

Planting your baby was a lovely idea.

I wish you all the best and strength to get you through!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lauzy83 For This Useful Post:

specialkay  (18-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm sorry you were treated this way. I would make a complaint...

I'm sorry about the loss of your baby...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: 1st m/c and treated poorly thought id share my story

I'm so sorry to hear that you were treated that way. Unfortunately, because miscarriages are so common, some doctors tend to forget their beside manners

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm so sorry to hear the way you were treated, that's really terrible!! U should def think about making a complaint. I hate to think they will continue treating others this way. At the very minimum they should've explained what to expect (so you're aware of what is & isn't normal) & given you info/option of a d&c.

You poor thing, unless u've been through a miscarriage I don't believe people truly understand the emotional toll it takes on both people. Please take the time for yourself & to grieve. I know that I needed it & if you need to talk, there are plenty of lovely ladies on here who've unfortunately been through the same thing to talk too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry you had to go through this sadly some (not all) medical professionals forget how heartbreaking a loss can be and lack bedside manner.

Sending you massive hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    im sorryno one should be made to feel like that.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 1st m/c and treated poorly thought id share my story

I'd be furious if that happened to me. How dare they treat you that way. What a horrible experience. I would lodge a formal complaint about all staff you saw & report the hospital to the AMB. I know it won't bring your baby back, but they shouldn't be allowed to get away with that. It makes me mad, sad & sick.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Funchu For This Useful Post:

specialkay  (18-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So sorry for your loss hon

That doctor should be shot! Please if you ever feel comfortalbe.. make a complaint.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Renesme For This Useful Post:

specialkay  (18-02-2013)