+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's prob not always about just being a competent swimmer either, they can get caught on something, slip or trip into the pool, hold their breath for too long. I think 10 would be the absolute earliest and never alone. It can all happen so quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have an inground Pool and DD who is 5 and DS who is 9 are both very competent swimmers but there is no way in hell they are allowed in the pool without myself or DH watching and by watching I mean sitting poolside not from inside the house. Our rule is one of us need to be outside at all times, so if they are being babysat by MIL or our babysitter they know they are not allowed in the pool until we return home as I feel it is too big a responsibility for anyone else to undertake. Our kids respect our rules and I think they understand how dangerous the pool can be. I cannot see my stance on pool supervision changing any time soon - maybe when they are both in their teens....

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lovelymum For This Useful Post:

Crazyfamily  (09-03-2013),gizmoduckus  (09-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds7 is a very capable swimmer and when he is at my parents pool with one or 2 of his older cousins then we allow them to swim unsupervised for periods of time meaning we are constantly checking up on them. But if my younger sons or there cousins are in the pool then one of us is always sitting in with them watching always.