+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thailand/ island holiday with babies and toddlers?

My DH and I are looking to go on holiday in our winter this year (we are flexible with dates), and he has his heart set on Thailand (probably Koh Samui due to recommendations from friends). If we go in June, we will have a 27month old and a 6 month old (we are looking at June - August ideally).

I have been to Thailand once before (Koh Phi Phi, Phuket etc) but it was nearly 10 years ago and I was single and certainly not checking out the facilities for families! I'm worried because I remember having to use bottled water to brush our teeth, and advice about not eating the ice and rewashing fruit etc. I am breastfeeding at the moment with no plans to change, so hopefully won't have to worry about making up formula or anything.

Has anyone been to Koh Samui or Thailand with babies/toddlers? Where did you stay? We went to Fiji for our honeymoon and it was very child/family friendly with safe water, so that could always be an option too if Thailand didn't seem right - we'd just love a beach holiday!! Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Thailand/ island holiday with babies and toddlers?

Bumping

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been to Thai beaches before, but not with kids. I've travelled a lot with DD and she has been to Bali 6 times (she is now 3) which I consider similar to koh samui due to the places we have stayed.

You just need to be prepared to take the necessities with you including medicine, formula etc but the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages. Hire babysitters in your room while they sleep etc - just be prepared that the holiday isn't about you anymore and lying by the pool for hours doesn't happen. That was a very rude shock!

travel with kids can be fun, just don't plan to do too much sightseeing etc, just go with the flow x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Thailand/ island holiday with babies and toddlers?

We went to phuket for 10 nights when DS1 was 15 months old. Overall it was good family wise, we stayed at the Holiday Inn and they were amazing and accommodating but my DS got incredibly sick on our 2nd day there from swallowing too much pool water. He ended up losing a lot of weight and wake sick for 5 days straight and we were organising an emergency flight home early when on day 6 he started to get a bit better.

The hotel was amazing and put us in contact with doctors and hospital when he was sick and they sent us flowers to our room and had no problems changing the sheets multiple times a day after DS would throw up on them. But having gone through all that, I personally wouldn't be taking my kids back there at a young age...

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub