+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC 2# with no luck

Hi this is the first thread i have ever posted but so please forgive me if its a little weird.
    My Hubby and i fell pregnant at 22 with our DD who is now 4 1/2. we decided when she was 3 to try for another but have had trouble falling. I just joined bub hub with the hopes to find some people who would understand what i am going through. I have Endo and came off the Depo shot which has totally stuffed my periods up. despite my Hubby also wanting another baby he doesn't seem to understand what a gut wrenching and depressing roller-coaster i am on every month when i get my period or see the stupid single line on the pregnancy tests. everybody tells me that i should be grateful for for my DD and that some people can never have any babies..... i know this and i completely adore my DD, i am so lucky to have her. but there is still that empty hole in my heart every time i see a baby in the shops or fail to fall pregnant yet another month. i have been to a DR and all tests seem to suggest that i am fine other than the Endo which has left some internal scars. would love to hear from anyone who has any advice or had been through something similar
    Penz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: TTC 2# with no luck

I'm in a slightly different position as we needed IVF to conceive first time round, but I completely relate to the upset that comes every month. I'm really struggling seeing bumps at all our toddler activities. I never thought I would feel this bad as I know how close I was to never having any child. It's completely normal and natural though.
    I don't have endo, but I would advise seeing an FS to investigate further as the word scarring doesn't seem right. Has your partner been tested? *hugs*

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sooz80
    thanks so much for your post, its nice to know that i am not the only one seeing pregnant chicks everywhere. No my hubby is quite sure that it is me who is the reason for us falling pregnant but i may suggest him being tested tonight, lets hope the idea sits well with him. I think you are right that, will start looking into FS now. i guess i was expecting a BFP rather quickly as i fell pregnant very quickly with my first. thanks for your help. FS sounds scary but i if it mean i can have a bub then it will be worth it.
    thanks
    (Oh BTW your son is soooo cute!)

Thanks
    Reviews

You're welcome. Seeing an FS doesn't have to mean something scary. They are just experts in the field. I would definitely encourage your DH to get tested as well. Making small lifestyle changes may make all the difference, such as taking supplements. Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Penz,

Im ttc #2 with no luck too DD is now 3, we have been ttc for 18 months. It sucks and gets harder and harder each month. Ive found lots of support on here, and other women going through the same thing. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Penz!
    I'm here TTC #2 and its definitely a horrible emotional roller coaster and you feel like you get stuck in two week cycles (waiting for ovulation/waiting for AF).
    DP and I unexpectedly fell pregnant during our first year of uni with DS ad last year was my last year of my undergrad degree so we decided we would stop using protection and see what happens, that was in Feb, we've been actively trying since September and still nothing....
    I've had a lot of emotional breakdowns on our journey so far so just know you're definitely not alone

Thanks
    Reviews

Just found out through my gp and some blood tests that I have extremely low progestorone levels... trying some hormones next period to see if that will boost them a bit. Also eating sweet potato heaps more as that is meant to help progestorone levels. How is everyone else going on there journey on ttc?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    Just found out through my gp and some blood tests that I have extremely low progestorone levels... trying some hormones next period to see if that will boost them a bit. Also eating sweet potato heaps more as that is meant to help progestorone levels. How is everyone else going on there journey on ttc?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Oh I might have to increase my sweet potato intake then ;-)
    I'm at some DPO stage (not entirely sure this cycle) so just twiddling my thumbs in the tww to see if we managed to get utd this cycle!