+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Wink POAS Annonymous

Hi! I'm Patience86 and I am a POAS addict

Last month it looks like I had a chemical and I must have wasted 50 million tests analysing faint lines. I have a history of chemicals as with my first I had a number of them before I fell with my little boy.

This month I have made a deal with myself to only take ONE test...on the day af is due. I don't want to know about any chemicals and I don't want to stress myself out!

I thought I would start a thread to support those who would like to *try* and resist the FRER and other early detection tests and test only the once!

So for any other POAS addicts out there who want to give it a shot...welcome

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'll give it a go. I'm a rampant POAS addict so this is going to be a tough call for me lol 8DPO today, AF not due for 6 loooong days lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Delirium!!! Yes it is a tough call...I'm all positive now because I'm only CD1...but I guarrantee that when I hit 10dpo I will practically having withdrawal symptoms

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Well I have 20 IC's sitting in my medicine cupboard calling out to be used I'm ok today, no one gets a pos on an IC on day 8. But I suspect by tomorrow or Wed I'm going to be fighting hard not to cave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is just the thread for me lol af is due thursday im not sure how many dpo i am but i thought i wouldn't test untill day af is due but couldn't help myself i tested friday and not even with fmu BFN! Dont know why i even bothered lol then today i couldn't help myself and once again without even using fmu BFN! Do you ladies think it is still early to show up if im not due till thursday? Been getting really nore nipples and had bloating over weekend with weird feeling so was thinking possibly implantation but now i think maybe im just crazy and imagining it! With my first pregnancy i tested af was due and got BFP and never tested earlier and with my last pregnancy which was misccariage i also tested day af was due and got BFP, so now maybe bi should save my last test till thursday ha ha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a total POAS. I did so many tests with my last pregnancy. Right up until the day before I miscarried. I'm obsessed with seeing the second line. I also spent $$$ on a Clearblue Digital!

I normally POAS daily from 8dpo! Only ever with Internet cheapies. I save the FRER tests for when I'm actually late (or right around that time anyway).

I've only got 4 IC tests left. I'm not ordering any more until I need OPKs too. This will hopefully help with my obsession!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default POAS Annonymous

I am the total opposite! I hate doing it, too much anxiety! I litterally stand in the bathroom just staring at it intensely for a good 15 minutes before I go for it lol I don't test until AF is at least a week late!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also meant to say I kept poas after my miscarriage. That time I was obsessed with getting a negative year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default POAS Annonymous

I find it difficult too. I only test if I am late by at least one day. Apparently up to 70 percent of all pregnancies fail. 55 percent of these are chemicals and 15 percent are after
    4 1/2 weeks. So there is a chance that people who dont test have had 3 chemicals over 6 months

But I did use around 15 last year when waiting for hcg to drop after mc at 9 weeks
    Last edited by Kazza78; 18-02-2013 at 11:43.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: POAS Annonymous

Hi everyone..I'm another poas addict. Due for af on friday (i think) and have taken a few tests already even though I knew it was way too early. Id love to swear I wont take another one til this friday but instead I may try and just make it to thursday without testing. Im off on thursday morn for some b12 shots at the drs so might as well test then so if I get a bfp ill be able to use that appointment for confirming etc. Next month ill be trying my hardest to wait til af's due day before testing..with the help of all of you Good luck everyone